Prusa I3 on a budget

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa499648800> #<Tag:0x00007fa499648670> #<Tag:0x00007fa4996484e0>

Ah wow top effort guys - afraid I can’t get in for at least an hour or two so sounds like I’ll just come in earlier next week.

Well done girl and guy :slight_smile: Dermot can you tidy up the ply frame I forgot to take and left on the table many thx. My daughter present all her stickers on my phone

3 Likes

Already tidied!

Nice stickers

1 Like

Have a great birthday Laurent! I have too much on this week so I can’t make it in unfortunately.

Found this in my room

1 Like

Are there plans a-foot for a build weekend? If so, when? Appols if this is obv somewhere, but I’m too scatterbrained to put two and 2 together…

Unfortunately until everyone did get back to you with payment confirmation we cannot define this date.

Once we have confirmation of final deposit as mentioned in the Personal Message thread we’ll be able to order the smooth rod and fixings. So feel free to chase everyone I already tagged everyone in the post and contacted the remaining individual by email but no response as off now.

Than one more prep session to cut the threaded rod to length will be required and I will also like us to per-assemble the extruder.

So at the moment best case scenario assuming we close all the balance we can place the order next week do the threaded rod cut on the 30/10 and extruder assembly 23/10

Best case scenario we could plan the assembly of the printer for the 3/11 or 4/11 and calibration on 10/11 or 11/11

Also - i put my mega i borrowed back on the shelf.

Hi Calum,

If you are still in the space check the squary box one of them got your name on it and in the electronic box there is the ramp put your Arduino in there too.

:slight_smile:

I don’t know about you but I’ve been doing crimping wrong…
See this page for some great info.

1 Like

How far are we with the Dupont connectors?

This guide is incredibly thorough…and I’ll read it all if we have more to do.

I don’t know if there is any crimping left to do on the printers. But my experience with a project at home is that if you do it the ‘wrong’ way the connection might work but can fail later on. Which is how I arrived at that page. So it could be useful for later maintenance.

1 Like

Yes there still some crimping left to do and many thanks Mike for sharing this. This is exactly why working together on project help to learn so much more I definitely learned that I was also doing my crimp in a not so good way.

Sorry Everyone unfortunately I’m not going to make it tonight myself and family is fighting a bit of illness and I’m needed home and to get some early rest. Hopefully I’ll found the strength to get to peter about fixing tonight

Get well soon @laurent_muchacho and family!

Anyone else planning to head down this evening?

1 Like

Hi All,

First I look forward to see as many of you tomorrow for more 3D printer building.

Potential bad news: I need to check the cloned titan extruder we have in space, but the one I had at home was behaving really badly while doing some testing.

So I took it apart and did some troubleshooting and found out that despite the previous things I’ve found out while making mount there is some serious alignment problem in there meaning the filament is not guided properly when entering the channel. This cause the filament to slip and more often than other it’s just pushed out instead of going in the channel. Unfortunately it’s possible pitfall of buying cheap clone but don’t worry I’ve got a solution that should avoid us spending more money by buying a replacement.

The solution: I’ve downloaded a model of the Titan Extruder from thingiverse tweaked it in fusion360 to accept the part from the stuff we bought (you got to love people sharing there step file) and been printing a replacement, I’m still testing out the printed part to make sure everything work great. So soon as I’m happy I’ll print one for everyone.

On an other note I really love that probe we bought it work great after quiet a bit of reading/youtube video enlightenment I got it to work. Hopefully some nice picture tonight.

So conclusion: some fail some win :slight_smile:

1 Like

Remember it’s members meeting from 7:30 to 9pm tomorrow

1 Like

Yep a late one for the one who’ll be brave to come :slight_smile:

ps: @Dermot did you get more things delivered?

1 Like

I can make it for 9pm

1 Like

Not that I’ve noticed. What am iooking for?

1 Like

various fixings and rods etc that are on order, should be addressed to you.

P

2 Likes