Prusa I3 on a budget

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49d106280> #<Tag:0x00007fa49d106140> #<Tag:0x00007fa49d106000>

Well I finish at 2:30 last night but the good news is the 3d printed replacement work great so based on tonight evaluation of the extruder we’ll know more. I’ll be putting up the second prototype soon (the one with all the upgrade options)

2 Likes

I’ll be there, hopefully for most of the members meeting and certainly for a malenky of 3dprintering afterwards too.

I’ve got too much work on :frowning:

Thanks so much for your hard work and late night @laurent_muchacho. Unfortunately I’m not as hardcore as you and can’t do a late one tonight. Will be there in fighting form next week though.

1 Like

Sorry I’m Not going to make it down tonight either, overrunning meetings, yes completely agree thanks @laurent_muchacho and the rest of the gang.

See you all next week!

1 Like

Well this is too beautiful not too share and can’t hide that I’m bit proud of such result :slight_smile:

So now let’s move on to more calibration.

4 Likes

3 Likes

hooray! there should also be some precision ground rods appearing at some point too!

Wow, that looks great!

1 Like

Still a bit of stringing and blob but not bad overall

Step calibration to get accurate

3 Likes

anything happening tonight, @laurent_muchacho ?

1 Like

Hopefully yes, sorry still under the weather, if @Dermot bring the threaded rod I recommend we start cutting them to length that will be a lot of hacksaw

2 x M10 435mm
3 x M8 205mm
1 x M8 310mm

1 Like

@Calum_Nicoll how’s the metal saw looking?

Alternatively the metal fcker 9000 is still in the snug I think.

That is a rough beast…

@laurent_muchacho we need to be able to thread nuts onto the threaded rod after cutting I assume? Or can they be put on before cutting and left on?

That’s right Dermot, so after the cut we’ll need file the cut to allow putting nuts on the rods

could use the beast and then the grinder to do that?

that or put the nuts on first, beast and grind, then un-screw?

Putting the nuts on and reversing them off to fix the thread is a relatively effective approach. We can have a play with the beast – it’ll chew them apart in seconds…We can race it with a hacksaw…

I won’t be able to make it tonight - hope to make it next week.

What time are folks heading down? I can be there 7:30 ish