Proposal for Bike Maintenance and tools

Honestly I think these conversations are getting out of hand we’re talking at cross purposes.

This is a thread about bike maintenance tools

Well you replied to the wrong post then. Confusing.

We talking about the bike tools. I said the bike tools where activity tools not members tools. The post you had replied to saying we don’t have members storage was in reply to veritys comment saying she wanted to bring a box of tools.

POST GATE!!!

If it’s important to you then go back and check.

This is burning pointless energy…

It’s not.

I don’t need to. Ditto

I agree we should be arranging a meeting and planning the snug and delegating responsibilities.
sorting out storage.

We don’t have a system round this yet?

I’m guessing eventually when we do have a finialise a rubber stamped system it will be a system something like.

Some tools…

For an activity. …

…in a box* (*including an exploded box with shadows painted on it stuck to a wall.

Talk to me in the space please. This is coming across, rightly or wrongly, as quite patronising.

Agreed (I defiantly feel ignored and patronised)

I had a thought about the shadow thingies. (You know what I mean right, just can’t remember word)

Sounds like a bike one is going ahead. Cool. Can’t wait to use it.

I’ve heard a few people mentioning the space could be used as a gallery space.
With this in mind I would suggest not screwing the shadow thingy to the wall but someone thinking of a clever way to hang them. Maybe hooks :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:. Maybe.

Then they could easily be swapped out. For whatever. Gallery. Projection. Other stuff. Blah blah.

I would go further still - anything that’s not fixed infrastructure (eg sinks, 3-phase outlets) is subject to change in the future. We’re working to a brief for now, otherwise we’ll never finish. But once we’re in regular use, the space will change again I have no doubt.

1 Like

Or possibly those Victorian style picture rail hangy thingies…

…Google image it.

…basically clips over the top of the MDF with string(tradiotnlslly used for pics but maybe not strong enough in this case). Then you have full X and Y moveability. And no holes…

…Clips made from some old bike part? And bike chains instead of string?

(…I’m running some badly written SQL so have a lot of time to post between setting jobs running)…

…a bike chain (preferable clean) from each top corner of the shadow board with somekind of hook to attach to MDF?

1 Like

French cleats work great

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=french+cleats&espv=2&biw=1846&bih=1138&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj9pPK6p4zNAhXlJsAKHQNXC2kQ_AUIBygC

you can also buy z cleats which have a thinner profile but don’t look as nice as wall-length runners
http://ep.yimg.com/ay/hooksandlattice/cleat-hangers-french-cleats-32.jpg

3 Likes

Cool!!

Could work. Look great. I prefer the French cleats.

But, you still need to screw one half of the cleat to the wall(obvs) Maybe not a problem. Looks sturdy though in its defense. So might be better than Victorian impro blah blah.
I suppose you could also just hang a pic off the attached cleat some how.

We could have a few of them running across the walls and use them to hang modular storage that we can add, remove or change place at any point in time. Takes about 10 seconds to make the strips on the table saw

1 Like

I loved this pic on the google image search you linked too​:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

French cleats +1

Short term: something like Victorian improv hanging thingies for now. Boom boom.

Long term: French cleats.