Proposal for Bike Maintenance and tools

And it colour matches Verity’s tools :smiley:

Yep. Good idea

I would support this as a member

+1

Having access to the tools will be useful!

i vote yes

I think that counts as sufficient support now :slight_smile:

Can we source a (blue!) toolbox for the tools?

Why blue?

I think your mixing up the blue of Park tools and the orange/red ? plasti dip on @VerityNichols tools.

I’m in, be a good resource to talk about on open nights too…

Courty

This is great news, I’ll source a small tool box to put the bits in and make sure theres a table of contents in there so we can check nothings missing, should be good to go on Saturday.

2 Likes

Ild say yes

There not members boxes. There activity boxes

What are? That’s not a thing yet. It might become one though.

I like the idea of shadow boards. I think you made an impassioned case against them…but nothing is proven yet.

What we can very easily do is try out various options. It will be clear in time what does and doesn’t work in various scenarios.

I think it would be a good test case to try shadow boards on.

2 Likes

I’m quite pro shadow boards in general, if that’s not an overall devisive thing to say…

Cool, I’ll hold off in buying a tool box and trial a board.

2 Likes

I can now envision a shadow board/box hybrid. Boards that stack in a box?

The board is such a handy way of seeing what’s there and what should be there. The box is so compact and mobile.

It doesn’t have to be a one-size-fits-all solution. A shadow-board for this, a toolbox for that.

The drawbacks of a Shadowboard (can’t handle change, fixed to the wall) seem positives in this particular case.

3 Likes

Click on the little pic next to the arrow and it takes you back to the comment I was replying too.

Verity had just said she wanted to bring in a box to put her bike tools in. You replied saying we don’t have members storage. I was pointing out that verity giving tools wasn’t members storage it was activity storage. Hop that explains more.

And then I think you thought I was jumping in saying “ACTIVITY BOXES!!!” But I was just supporting verity in her desire to bring a bunch of tools into the space for an activity.
Kinda moot now any way as shadow boards looks popular enough in this case to get the wall space required.

Not sure we can debate weather or not activities have specify tools though (They just do). And that if we are going to say yes to an activity we should have somewhere to store them. So I think it is a thing, implicitly. Whatever we want to call them.

Paul!!! I know how to use discourse.

I was replying to the question about members’ project boxes. Which leads to the bigger issue of members storage and how to manage that.

I wasn’t saying there was no such thing as a box.Or that an ‘activity box’ isn’t the way forward, in certain cases.

Just that we haven’t got any system around this yet.