Party?

Hello,
I was just wondering if there were any plans for an end-of-year get-together in the Makerspace. If not, what do you think? It would be good to have something. I think the last such event was the barbeque in the Outer Space in summer before it was unfortunately dismantled.
Thanks,
– Graham.

2 Likes

Hi Graham!

Yes! We mentioned briefly about having a holiday party, if you have any time to help plan let me know! I kinda wanted to see what Canopy was doing, since they are unfortunately closing down next month…

Cheers,
Andy

2 Likes

I’ve always enjoyed doing this, happy to sort out!

2 Likes

Yes please! We can BBQ or whatever, I guess first step is to pick a date! I will check with Canopy if they have a blowout date lined up already…

Thanks!!
Andy

I am happy to help with things. I’m going to be away for a few days but I can help out once I get back.
– Graham.

3 Likes

Cool thanks!

I’d like to help out as I like parties.

5 Likes

Sounds good! Thanks @Amanda !

At least we’ll have hopefully cheap beer.

2 Likes

Yes please!
Though I’m away Dec 6-19th so I’ll be lucky if you choose a date I can do.
New Years party mayhap? :grin:

1 Like

Hello, I was away for longer than I thought.
How can I help?
What do we need for a party? A time, place, people, food, drink, music are the essentials I would think. Have I missed anything?

Heya! Yes! We first need to pick a date! Will come up with some options at the meeting tonight and put up a poll!

Then we will need help with all of the rest! stay tuned!

Thanks!
Andy

Hi All!

So for those that hadn’t heard the sad news Canopy is closing down :cry: Their last weekend is the 16, 17 Dec. So let’s try to have our party that weekend if that works!? Here is a poll to see what works best for everyone!..

• Friday Dec. 16th - Evening
  • Saturday Dec 17th - Late Afternoon

0 voters

Cheers,
Andy

Looks like the 17th has it!

@GrahamClemo, @Amanda, @petra

Still good to help organise!??

Thanks!!

you’ll might have some industial music played on an angle grinder :joy:

2 Likes

Yes happy to help. About what time do you want us and what can I bring?

1 Like

OK I have made a reservation in the calendar for this event. I’m guessing times and being over-cautious with time to set up so let me know if that’s OK or you want me to change anything.
Let me know how to help.

https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/t/end-of-year-party/24875

2 Likes

BTW Why is London timezone still showing as +01:00 GMT? It’s December.

Awesome thanks for this! Will post a note about it… We can fire up the BBQ if that sounds good? Either way just a potluck kind of thing, bring stuff to share…?

Sounds good. I can bring some vegetarian foods to barbeque.
Do we have a license to play music in the space?

1 Like