Maker Raft Race - August 5th 2017

No but they normally have to dispose of them, it would be worth checking with Canopy again as he did say it wouldn’t be a problem.

1 Like

We only have 2 that are done with - possibly three if we sell enough beer. I’d check in wed-fri night on the tap room as I’m away from today. I went through our bins and have this to offer…

2 Likes

I’d try the Florence and half moon - we definitely supply keykegs to the Florence.

1 Like

The Florence don’t/won’t have any and the half moon are already collecting them this week for a local school’s raft project…

2 Likes

The Commercial don’t use them . Craft Brixton definitely use them - I’ll get in touch when they are open.

2 Likes

Both Half Moon Pub and Brew Dog have offered help. Can someone go to the half moon and get them today?

1 Like

Craft Brixton are happy to hold any till Thursday. They should have 5/6. If that’s of interest could someone email Megan the assistant manager to arrange a collection? Her email is megan@thecraftbeerco.com. If not I’ll call her and say not to worry.

1 Like

I dunno who is making the Raft. I’m just trying to help it along.

Sounds like the Half Moon got confused between you and my twitter request so they do have them.

Thanks @ania_z and @unknowndomain for taking the time to help. I can be around evenings from tomorrow to collect KeyKegs locally…

Quick summary

• canopy to be checked later this week for any extras
  • craft Brixton - I have emailed to accept the 5 or 6 they can offer, and arrange to collect ASAP.
  • half moon - possibly think we’re a school, but have some kegs… May require collection Mon 31st
  • brewdog - have offered help (no quantity mentioned)
  • Florence - none available
  • commercial - don’t use them

@ania_z - any idea of capacity/volume of those kegs? If they are 25 litre, then we may have enough with the Canopy and Craft Brixton contributions

KeyKegs come in two sizes 20l and 30l and in an earlier message Ania said they used 30l ones.

1 Like

thanks Frank, hadn’t noticed that.

I popped into Half Moon they don’t have the plastic ones we need. I’m going to try BrewDog as they specifically brew in those.

1 Like

Thanks Tom!

Well, assuming we can get 5 of the 30L KeyKegs from Craft Brixton (I’ve emailed them to confirm, thanks to Ania)… that now gives us 7 * 30L KeyKegs, plus 4* 25L Jerry Cans, plus a few other bits from Canopy. So that gets us to 310L+ of buoyancy, which is what we were after. Hurrah. Enormous thanks to @unknowndomain and @ania_z.
I’ve emailed Ollie who’s organising the day to let him know we’re looking ever more seriously as though we’ll take part…
Few last crucial steps…

• Who is around any evenings this week to help with design and build? (I can be around most evenings)
  • Who is coming on the day - to spectate or wanting to raft?
  • Who might have access to a vehicle we could move components in? (My MG won’t hold much!)

Answers on a postcode please from anyone involved so far… @lewisss, @tobyspark, @Esther_Gladstone, @Damian, @peter_hellyer, @Edd, @joeatkin2
… or anyone else who wants to join the fun!

PS - have we got anywhere with a flag?
PPS - mustn’t forget to make oars…

1 Like

There’ll be a flag. I have two red 5’x3’ flags in a package on my desk. I just checked my clothing vinyl stash and don’t have enough white to do this, but that should arrive Wednesday. So open evening could feature cutting and heat pressing the logo onto the flag.

1 Like

I wish I could be there to cheer you on, this sounds amazing! Can’t wait to see pictures and will be cheering from afar. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great!

Sorry it turns out I’m busy this Saturday and can’t make it down any evenings this week.
Sorry to let everyone down.

No worries Damian!

1 Like