Maker Raft Race - August 5th 2017

I’ll hopefully be down most evenings this week :slight_smile:

Great stuff - are you joining the fun on Sat?

Any more volunteers for raft related fun? @tobyspark - are you doing to be there on Sat? I think you were a maybe because of childcare?
@lewisss - guessing you’re a no because you’ll be running a wood workshop induction?

Just want to know whether we actually have a team before doing any more planning or gathering of materials…

I can’t because I’m involved in other ways.

Does that mean we could bribe you? :wink:

1 Like

I can be down tomorrow eve or Friday day to help with making. Unfortuantely I don’t think I can be there on the day (I got mixed up and originall thought it was on Sun)

1 Like

No worries! Let’s see if anyone else is game for Saturday before we think about the raft

I’m up for it. What’s needed?

1 Like

Great! We need…

• at least 2 people to confirm they’ll attend on Saturday and take part in the race… So far that’s me and maybe you Dermot!
  • some way of transporting raft to the venue on saturday morning, and then taking it away again afterwards (some bits straight to the tip?)
  • some time this week to plan/part-build a raft from plastic beer kegs and whatever timber is going begging. I’m around evenings.

Still open to offers, and I think we need to decide tonight whether we go ahead or not - as I don’t want to collect big kegs that we don’t need and then have to get rid of!

I have a van, so we could transport the raft in kit form at least.

1 Like

Also I can be involved in building/designing the ‘Space ©raft’

2 Likes

And…where can we buy Mentos and Diet Coke in industrial quantities? Asking for a friend

2 Likes

I intend to be there with Eva. But cheering from the sidelines while childminding, rather than getting wet. If there are other oiks and responsible adults then happy to get wet.

Great stuff! So we have at least Dermot and myself willing to get wet paddling, Toby on cheering duty and possible paddling, and Esther also willing to help build. Dermot’s van for transport, and hopefully enough wood in the snug. I just need to confirm a few more kegs, and arrange delivery.

@dermot - would you and van be available any evenings for a pickup of kegs? They are very light, but a bit of a hassle on my bike.

I suggest anyone who can make it to the space tomorrow evening at 7pm join for a planning and building session…

Not confirmed … but would this bed be useful?
It’s in Norwood road.

1 Like

Ooo… Lots of lengths of thinnish CLS(?) might be useful for boxing in buoyancy aids. Then we just need a few of the snugs tanilised planks for superstructure. Let us know if confirmed. Transport/pick up may be the issue.

Do you need me to pickup some of these kegs. I’m in brixton now.

Sorry, just saw this. Thanks for the offer. If you’re still around, then Tom Cadden has 5 or 6 of the 30Litre kegs stacked out the back if Craft Brixton for us.

I’ll be in the space…but hosting open evening, so availability will be dependent on that.

I’ve only just got in from work so can’t make it tonight. Can do stuff on fri though