Maker Raft Race - August 5th 2017

Tom’s idea!

I also meant the clever concept you explained. :grinning:

So… I’m away from London for most of this week, so can’t be at the space. Anyone able to ask Canopy about these disposable kegs - whether we can have them (before de-gassing), and when/how many they get rid of at a time?

When they’ve had them they’ve had higher numbers.

Two red 5’x3’ flags on their way for the princely sum of £6. The ‘M’ I’ll get to once I’ve found out what the status of the heat press is.

1 Like

Not working as far as I know… @Howard will know best, I think

I could ask someone at work if they could heat press something.

Anybody able to speak to the Canopy team about wombling some of these KeyKegs? Work and family commitments keeping me away from the space for another couple of days. I reckon we need 200-250 litres worth if possible…
I can be around a few evenings this week for actual construction

Also, @Dermot or @unknowndomain… Can you share the contact details for Oliver(?) the organiser?

ollie@samsonandfox.com

Thanks Tom!

Also, someone has just suggested to me that the requirement for a 2 metre flagpole is to help identify the position of any sunk craft that require recovery… Reassuring

1 Like

Hi guys,

We’ve started collected the empty keykegs at the Canopy tap room. Where would be a good space to store them in the makerspace?

Also just a heads up - I think we will only have 2 empty kegs by Friday. We mainly use the big steel ones.

I can get hold of two extra wheelie bins if needed – but I’d need to know by tomorrow morning.

Speak to the guy who owns it he said he’d have 6 plastic ones for us by then so he might have more of an idea.

1 Like

Thanks Ania! That’s really kind. I’ll put a storage request up in a second, but hopefully no-one will object to us putting them in the snug for a couple of days.
What volume are they? It sounds like we’ll be looking for additional buoyancy… Would Canopy have any other redundant packaging we recycle - like 2 litre bottles with lids, or big plastic jars from the kitchens, etc? Doesn’t have to be clean.

Thanks for thinking of us Dermot! I think we decided on balance that wheelie bins might not give us the hydrodynamic performance we’re after…

We could ask other breweries if they have any so we get matching?

We could ask:

• The Florence
  • The Commercial
  • Tulse Hill Hotel Pub
  • Half Moon
  • Bullfinch Brewery

I’ve messaged them all on Twitter, but it may be more productive for someone to call them instead.

FYI: They are called Key Kegs, and you need to make sure that they’ve not been depressurised.

Good thinking, thanks Tom. Any idea if any of those pubs use them, or if we have any relationship with the pubs?