Last of the summer BBQ: Saturday 24th September 2016

@members I think with all this lovely weather we should make use of it!

I am suggesting that we hold a last of the summer BBQ on Saturday 24th September.

1 Like

Yes, bbq such a good idea! I am there. I make great coleslaw - it’s the only button on my food processor that works! What a lovely way to get together and celebrate the truly amazing build and growth and gathering of skills to make Maker Space. Love it :slight_smile:

Sadly need a few more members than just me and you.

Me too, I like a good bbq.

We could do something public with some @marketing love?

If the weather turns, we could do the BBQ indoors and use the fancy new extraction! He said tounge firmly in cheek.

We’ve been planning to do laser bacon.

It’s probably a bit far ahead to be getting firm RSVPs, but I’d say Cook It And They Will Come. I’ve put it in my diary anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Barbecue sound good - count me in!

Did some one say Chipolatas???

2 Likes

Nah, they said nonburnt sossages! BBQueue, my brother says to eat lots before you go to any bbq (actually any social eating thing) cus mostly the hedge gets burnt and then there’s only beer. And then you faint and want a tatooooooo:grinning:

Is this still happening ? I’m back from holiday and planning on coming down this afternoon. Also available for herlping on anymakerspace projects other than my own this time !!

Not enough people showed interest, and we don’t have a BBQ any more so I abanoned the idea, but if someone wants to buy a BBQ we can do one still.

I have an electric plancha

Where is the BBQ? I’m assuming it lost a leg or two as usual?

It was chucked out I think.

Oh, that belonged to Matthew, shouldn’t have been chucked!

I didn’t chuck it.

However Matthew left as a member a long time ago, and as I recall gave it to us eventually.

Frankly I don’t think it is reasonable for anyone to leave something in the space on loan, leave as a member for a year or more and then expect anything they loaned to still be there given most members around the space now weren’t even involved in phase 1.

I understand your argument, but it’s easy enough for someone to ask before chucking something like this out.

It cooked pretty well last time!

Well I have no idea who threw it out but seems like they were doing the right thing it wasn’t very sanitary.