Craft-Along Sunday 11th September 12pm

Evening all,

I was interested in setting up a craft-along in the main area on a Sunday afternoon usingf the projector from Sunday 11th September and every fortnight there after.

It would involve an interactive on-line craft lesson where we will learn a skill, and put what we have learnt into practice.

I am open to topics but I was thinking the following:

Screen printing basics/intermediate/advance
Block Printing
Drawing illustration (pattern making)
Wood/leather burning
Ceramics
Sewing

Let me know if you are interested and we can discuss how we access tools and materials for sessions.

Cheers

Chanelle

2 Likes

The day before this event is a planned clean up day, it is possible tidying up might be continuing on the Sunday.

https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/t/saturday-10th-september-clean-up-day/2945

Is it worth integrating this with the proposed BBQ event, that I just posted, or at very least it would be worth checking with those folks doing cleanup:

Unfortunately that’s my birthday so not a good date for me.

Can we maybe see who is interested if anyone. It can be pushed forward or back. If it’s just me I can fit in where ever.

Sure, it’s more of a heads up, it sounds like a great event, would be nice to see it happen regularly!

I can put it in the calendar if you can provide a description and advise if it is public or members only. Then we could call in @marketing to promote it if public.

Yeah sure, but after I’ve had some rest. I’ll email it to you tomorrow. It’s been a long day!

No worries.

Please don’t do this @unknowndomain.

Chanelle is putting this out to gauge member interest firstly. I’m very in favour of this however the best way to do it is to try it out and see what happens before setting it up as a regular event on the calendar.

Crikey. Relax!

I offered to help. No need to jump down my throat.

Hi all,

Apologies I had posted this earlier or so I thought but the messages has gone missing. I was hoping to open up this session to the public.

It would be an opportunity for those interested in a textiles to see the space and potentially sign up as members.

I have invite some of my sewing group to come only to the proposed craft- alkng session. They will affectively be my guest but j have asked that they make a donation to the space for using the facilities and contribute to the general running of the space.

Please let me know if you have any objections to this.

Cheers

Fine by me!

Yes please!

@StudioNelle there’s been no objections, so go for it!

Will get things tidied up a bit this afternoon.

Thank you.

I’m not sure how many people will turn up. I think I made a mistake in running 3 sessions in one week. I have had a lot of people sign up for today’s session, but not as much for Sunday.

I’ll be down after my afternoon session just to test the projector when I tried on Friday I realised I didn’t have the right connectors.

Cheers

1 Like

A big thank you, to allowing the main area to be turned into a craft area. I think it was a great success and would like to propose to run these on a monthly basis on the following dates:
16th October
13th November
11th December

@textilestechs @silkscreentechs would you have any suggestions for future sessions?

Here are some pics from the afternoon - @marketing can these be tweeted and IG? I will tag MS when I upload tomorrow.

Cheers

6 Likes

This looks great. I will tweet.

1 Like

Was lovely to see the space being utilised for this yesterday. And other members we’re able to get on with stuff at the same time.

A really good atmosphere in the craft-along, and the attendees seemed to really like the space.

4 Likes

Chanelle, you Rock!

Well done, the craft-along looks like a great success, here’s a little celebration :sparkle: :sparkler: :sparkle:

I totally missed this post and would have given you a hand, shout out next time! Had I known I could have given you some lino - it’s actually in a bag under the sewing machine waiting for Cibele to pick it up - so please have it, I will let her know.

I love the lino prints, they look great. You are Fab :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank’s Jackie. We did wood cut’s and a softer lino alternative as its easier on the hand and still gives a great print.

Your welcome to come down to next one which may be a screen printing session based on the conversations we had on Sunday. One of the ladies works for a screenprinting company and may be able to supply us with a load of the unused bags ordered for printing. But I’ll need to speak to @silkscreentechs first.

1 Like

Instagram to come.

2 Likes

Mmmmmmm, sounds lovely :slight_smile: