Hello, I'm Rachel!

Hi there - I’m Rachel, and I’m a serial hobbyist with an interest in making and repair of many flavours. :wave:

I’m particularly interested in developing my sewing (clothes and banner-making) and woodworking (small furniture making and repair) skills, and it would be brilliant to have access to some space and tools to do so. I’m based in West Norwood, and have also been involved with the emerging repair cafe group here. Hope to join you soon!

2 Likes

Hi Rachel,
Welcome to our community! We do have an Open evening tonight from 7pm to 9pm if you would like a tour of the makerspace and meet some members. Hope to meet you soon.
Karin

1 Like

Many thanks Karin - I’m afraid I can’t make it this evening, but will keep an eye out for other Open evening dates! :star_struck:

No problem. Our Open Evenings are biweekly so the next on is on the 17th of April. It is possible to arrange another day as we are open most evenings.

1 Like

Hi Karin,

I joined about a month ago, but have been away since then. I am now back and keen to get introduced to how the makerspace works and how to get access.

Basically I am a wood worker with a few projects which I would like to get on with.

I missed the open evening in March: what is the best way to move forward?

Best wishes

Peter

1 Like

Hi Peter,

I’m sure Karin will be able to advise best, but perhaps you’re available for the open evening on 17th April?

I will plan to join that evening, thanks for the suggestion Karin!

1 Like

Hi Peter
Welcome to our community! Getting yourself on the Basic Wood Workshop induction list is a great start and you’ll need to pick up your key to the space.

Check your Discourse inbox for the “WELCOME to the South London Makerspace” message. It contains more useful links and information to help you navigate our community.

When are you planning to come to the space?
Looking forward to seeing you in the makerspace soon!
Karin