Fusion 360 for beginners session

Alright Fusion fans, 6 hours till we kick off the second Fusion 360 for beginners class. If you are already on the list great, if not, there are still 2 places available so shout for a slot. Please bring a machine with fusion pre-installed and running as well as a mouse.(not the squeaky type):slight_smile:
@lewisss I’ve got you covered.
Looking forward to seeing you all there for some Fusion fun!
Jonathan & Chanelle

Hi I’m so sorry but I have to pull out tonight, I apologise if I had caused any inconvenience

Late but on my way. Got spare computer @Ana_Nieto

Thank youuuuuuuu

Jonathan, Thanks very much for your enthusiasm, your time, good will, and above all your endless patience! I really enjoyed the session and hopefully I will, with practice, get my head around the program.

Next round is on me,

All the best, Geo

Thank you Jonathan and Chanelle Great Lesson. You 've started a spark , already downloaded Fusion.

courses at sommerset house interesting ?

Iuthink they are free

A few of us have done some of these… but they were paid for.

We have the opportunity to get Paul to deliver a free taster session at the Space…but it seems like we’re more than capable of delivering it ourselves, as long as members are willing.

hello, I saw this post from April last year and it looks like something I would like to do. I’d like to learn the basics of Fusion 360 from a beginners stage. Is there anyone out there that would be interested in another session like the one @StudioNelle organised before? That looked really good. And anyone that would like to teach it? Cheersm’dears!

Yes I would @Elizabeth99
I only have Solidworks experience but I haven’t used Fusion yet.

Hey Elizabeth,

the idea behind the session was we teach ourselves. There is amazing step by step fusion 360 led tutorials that hold your hand through the exercise.

If you can get a group interested I would suggest setting a date get the projector, decide on a group project - such as a lamp and watch the step by step video together. Pausing it at stages to give you a chance to complete the action.

I did this with some textile workshops - worked great.

Failing that there are now many adequate fusion 360 users in the space that may be able to help you out.

1 Like

I’ve been teaching myself fusion for the last few months and my feeling is that it’s good to start with some idea of how you intend to use it.
I’ve been primarily using it to design woodworking builds utilising the parametric functionality to good success.

As an example. I built a ramen dispenser a few weeks ago and planned it all in Fusion. I set parameters such as ramen packet width, height, depth and the number of packets I wanted to be stored in the dispenser.

I then built the model around the parameters above which meant that I could quickly change the number of the packets and the model would ‘grow taller’ by the correct amount automatically.

I also really like the drawing plans mode where you can print off a diagram containing various projections with all the dimensions to take with you into the wood shop:

RamenBox3 v8 Drawing v4.pdf (160.3 KB)

Most of my early learning was from Lars’ tutorials.

I would be happy to take someone through what I’ve learnt.

2 Likes

Looks really interesting I’d like to have a chat about that project. So let’s see who else sees this thread and take it from there / set a date.
cheers!
Elizabeth

Learning a bit of Fusion 360 is definitely on my to-do list.

Hi, I’m interested going to a fusion 360 session

Interested if I can make the date.

I’m learning fusion 360, would be interested in joining a group as discussed above.

OK a few people are interested. @StudioNelle mentioned that when they did it, they worked through the online tutorial after we’ve download the program on our laptops. I’ve asked @tomnewsom and he said if we find a ‘tutor’ we could each pay him/her £10 to cover their expenses and time… but if we don’t find one, we could just go through the tutorial ouselves. The main thing is if we can set a date, in a few weeks time, mid Feb? I suggest a Sunday afternoon, the 18th Feb? 7.30… Let’s see how many can make that date.

Paul who runs the Fusion360 classes at Makerversity will run a free introductory at the Space if we want. Last time this was mentioned members were keener on a DIY solution.