Fusion 360 for beginners session

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone was interested in having a fusion 360 session. I would like to improve my making skills to create some very basic molds using it, and for me, learning is more focused and enjoyable with 1 or more.

I have been trained in using the Shapeoko and the Roland, but this was nearly a year ago and am keen to practice using both.

I was thinking to set a task. I’m currently slightly obsessed with mobile phone amplifiers at present. So maybe the task could be to make a personalized one for our phones followed by a test using the shapeoko in the space to test out-out design.

If there was a group interested I could possibly organize an outing to Makerversity to use the Roland to mill the design.

Cheers

7 Likes

I’d be interested :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too. Are you thinking of getting someone to teach us or fudging through it together?

1 Like

Nah, definitely fudging through ourselves :wink:

I am super keen to get better at fusion, I’m definitely in.

1 Like

Ditto count me in

1 Like

@dermot didn’t Paul from Autodesk offer to do this?

I’ve just spoken to him, he’s happy to come down if a director can email and set up a date. He’s pretty busy if some dates can be put to him asap. Let me know if you need the email address @dermot

1 Like

I’m still proposing a session without a teacher to get to grips with the tools etc without the time restraints of a workshop environment.

1 Like

Maybe session with a teacher first, then a session without to follow up?

Yeah sure. To be fair I’ve already had a teacher session, I didn’t realize there was an Autodesk session possibly in the works. So if people would prefer to have this session fair enough. Personally, I think you get more from the session if you have navigated the fusion360 software prior to an Autodesk taught session.

If people are still interested in a group make-along session in addition to the pending Autodesk session. I’m proposing a Tues/Weds evening next week or Sat/Sunday first week in May using this as a guide:
http://sheekgeek.org/topic/cnc

Cheers

I would like to have a session as a workshop. I have done the software bit of CNC with Autodesk but it would be good work with others to keep this up as if I don’t use it, I will forget. Also I would like to put it in to action but gave not used the shapeoko before so am not confident on running it.

1 Like

Love the sound of this workshop.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve spoken to Paul, I’ve got his email. I’ll get it sorted.

2 Likes

That sounds very interesting! Up for it!

1 Like

count me in

1 Like

Brand-spanking-new to CNC and Fusion 360 - but up for joining both a workshop and a make-along

1 Like

I would like to do this!

1 Like

Glad there is a lot of interest in this but I think this thread has slightly been confused with an admission from @unknowndomain.

So to clarify I am proposing a make along using an online tutorial as our source. We bring in our laptops to try and recreate object using fusion 360 from an online tutorial and use each other if we find ourselves a little stuck in areas to offer support in over coming hurdles.

I will suggest next Wednesday evening from 18:30.

A teacher led session from Autodesk I’m sure will be announced once dates have been confirmed.

If the make along appeals, please leave a comment confirming you can attend Weds from 18:30.

Cheers

Chanelle

1 Like

Yeap! Next wed sounds good to me. I’ll keep an eye on this threat!

Xx

1 Like