Electronics jst & avr to code pcb

@howard if you are around today/tomorrow would love to have a chat about the avr programmer. (I have ordered one as well - so I can bring mine in when it arrives (today hopefully) - thanks

you could probably program it from the third circuit board in this image, a usb to serial adapter, since the arduino bootloader must already be on your pump-dev board.

googling something like, program arduino over serial, would likely shed sufficient light on the procedure.

ok thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the avr programmer Is it just compile & load like normal board ?

I’ve got the real AVR kit programmer if you are stuck. I can bring it on Thursday ?

Courty

Oh no is this not the real one :frowning: I have a demo on Thu & other stuff to prepare so trying to get the code uploaded tonight. I’ll look for a YouTube demo, please feel free to send any links if you know of any :slight_smile:

So we managed to install required lib & drivers but it’s still not recognising the avr programmer board.

this is the AVR programmer board https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9825 found out board etc settings are :

But same errors coming up.

Hi, still stuck but got a bit further with help from SLMS members tonight. If I don’t get it sorted tomorrow will give you a shout for help on thursday. Are you planning to be at SLMS in the evening ? thanks

1 Like

Yes, i’ll be there from 7:30 ish.

BTW, the USB Tiny Programmers have quite small limits on what they can program and the size of the .hex files. Not recommended for anything other than bootloaders and basic sketches…
Also if its a new virgin chip, you need to bootstrap it and burn the fuses before you can even load a bootloader.

Courty

Hi it had code on it already but the avr programmer is virgin. Ok good to know about the usbtiny.

Though… This morning replugged everything & actually managed to flash code but now the pcb Bluetooth it’s not pairing (the previous code worked fine). I’ll pop in tomorrow night whether I get it to work or not anyway to have a chat so I understand it better.

Cheers Bushra

1 Like

This setup has got it to flash.

So I have verify/compile & then - upload using programmer

And well the code isn’t working how I need it to work so any help on that would be appreciated tomorrow !