Appreciation thread

6 posts were split to a new topic: Mig welding workshop at LHS

I’m about a couple of weeks late with this one, but big thanks to @Nelfcat for making a cut on the table saw for me. One day I’ll learn how to use it properly myself, but until that time, having people like Chris around to help is absolutely invaluable :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you @emuboy for showing me how to use a voltmeter at electronics night

Thank you @CriticalTolerance for helping with pillar drill and tidying up woodshop

3 Likes

Big up whoever laser cut the wire dispenser!!!

5 Likes

Thank you ! That was me :slight_smile:

I will release the design on github as soon as I clean some mistakes !

2 Likes

Just wanted to say an enormous thank you to everyone who is contributing to a solution for the shutter repair. Sorry I’m not around this weekend to help.
¡Hasta la victoria siempre!

6 Likes

Yes, to the power of ‘that’s singer smart s**t going on there’

Big thanks to @Sponge_Bob for sorting out my Trotec woes and lasing those toy parts for us. Little’un very happy with his fully functioning transformer now! Cheers mate. See you soon.

Thanks to @CriticalTolerance for running the wood workshop induction today. It’s not an exciting task, losing a Sunday morning for a few hours of health and safety. But we can’t function without such selfless acts.

9 Likes

@Dermot for lugging olive wood to the space for members to use

@woodtechs @TomHedges for preparing the table saw inductions for roll out

@ everyone involved in the concrete laying for metal lathe

3 Likes

Somebody revived the bike parking by putting a bench in the way so cars can’t park right up against the toast rack.

2 Likes

Thanks to @tomnewsom for inducting a group of us on the laser cutter yesterday, patiently answering all the interrupting questions, and then waiting, watching, and commenting as we each ran through a long (for him surely unexciting) practice, as patient with the last person as with the first. Much appreciated!

Thanks also to @StudioNelle for sanity-checking my first proper run of the cutter tonight, sharing various tips, and helping me with an inkscape weirdness.

4 Likes

Big thanks to @fincheee deep cleaning woodworkshop corner, organising all the tools and drill bits and emptying bags and bags of wood rubbish from bins.

3 Likes

Massive thanks to @neill0 who patiently sat with me for 2hrs tonight and taught me how to solder & wire up a switch onto a set of LED lights. Very much appreciated. I don’t care what they say about you, I think you’re a top bloke! :wink:

1 Like

I wanted to shout out @CriticalTolerance @lewisss @unknownmember (so sorry I’d forgot your name) who took time out to help me build my display case idea over the last few days late into the evening.

Far from perfect but complete and in working order. Will make some amendments and improvements over the coming weeks.

Thank you again, special shout out to Ed whi really went out of his way to help with my design.

Very much appreciated!

10 Likes

@Jackd is your mystery helper!

Glad this turned out so well.

1 Like

Ahh yes how could I forget.

General shout-out to the @woodtechs whom constantly take time out of their own projects to fire up the big boy toys and help us with our projects. Cheers guys. Much appreciated.

5 Likes

Seconded! Thank you!

1 Like

@lewisss @Esther_Gladstone for the floor grip tape at the lathe station

3 Likes