Appreciation thread

Thanks to @Frazer for an excellent induction into the mysteries of sharpening lathe tools (and various other things) as part of the level II wood lathe induction. It was fun and I learned a lot. Lathe users are encouraged to take this induction - hopefully the more sharpeners there are, the better shape those gouges will be in when you come in to turn something.

While I’m at it, thanks and appreciation to ALL our inductors for their time, patience and expertise with us noobs.

MJF

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone who is contributing to the cleaness and it’s working to make the electronics benches more usable! I very much appriciate it!

BTW, who built the beautiful screwdriver holder?

3 Likes

Thanks to whom donated a bunch of raspberry pis and various development boards!

P.s. please use the honesty box when you pick one up and remember, if you don’t need it, may someone else will!

5 Likes

A big thanks again to @joeatkin2 for the incredible laser extract system. The beast of a thing is holding up to everything we throw at it… great job Joe!

9 Likes

Massive thanks to anyone and everyone involved in the PPE making. Great effort chaps :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

4 Likes

Just wanted to show my appreciation to everyone that I have met so far in the space and even to those I haven’t but have somewhere along helped me as a maker :grinning:

Since being a member at the Makerspace I have learned so much regarding different crafts and skills and a great variation of it, too. Seeing people with so many different skills and passions come together is really great.

Along the way I have learned new wood skills, laser cutting, 3D-printing, electronics and so on.

But actually the most valuable skill I have learned so far is finding solutions for problems and creating my own tools or systems to make things work better, easier, faster.
And how to fix stuff, or better the confidence to fix something or give it a try at least.

Well, it’s a blessing but also a curse as I am not spending hours on finding solutions for things that could be done so much faster and easier the simple way.

Or finding solutions for problems that weren’t even there. Or fixing stuff that wasn’t really broken. :grinning:

Anyways, we have a great community!

9 Likes

Thanks to whoever painted the doors!

Looking nice and hopefully they will last a lot longer!

6 Likes

@Julia!

3 Likes

Great work on the new shutter opening sensor/mechanism! That’s uptown!

4 Likes

That’s @Courty, @Howard and @Dermot!

2 Likes

I feel left out

2 Likes

And @joeatkin2 on the relay and power upgrades for the shutter !

Courty

1 Like

Awesome job @petra for spending so much time on the laser !

@Julia for cleaning around the rubbish left behind from others

And everyone that has been working on the second arch, including @Dermot which always leaves overtired

5 Likes

Cheers to @emuboy for donating a PC to the space for CNC use!!! Working on setting it up…

2 Likes

A belated but necessary big thanks to @howard and @petra for helping a fellow Maker at such short notice! You are MakerSpace legends and I owe you both so much…
Many, many thanks!
:+1:

4 Likes

Thanks to @LuptonM for getting the Tormek fixed!

2 Likes

Thanks to @asander1 to setting up the CNC and managing to produce such a quality induction. It must have required a lot of dedication and evenings to make this happen… thanks again!

10 Likes

Thanks to Brian @platinumnqueen22 for coming in to do a clean before our first open night in a long time.

7 Likes

A massive thank you to everyone that has been helping to keep the clean room so super tidy over the past month. Usually nothing left on any surfaces everything is in its place and accessible! And so much better for @platinumnqueen22 to keep up with it!
I am super proud of what we have managed to do there!

4 Likes

yaay!