Appreciation thread

I’m assuming it’s mainly the handy work of @platinumnqueen22 but the space definitely feels much more welcoming from a cleanliness perspective :grinning:

I was super impressed by @JamesW laser cut creation. Photos please

@platinumnqueen22 - the cleaning is making a difference, really noticeable improvement, especially in woodshop. :+1:

@Robin_B for the refresher on the laser cutter. much appreciated.

I’d like to thank @TomHedges for what must have been a mammoth task of collating, wiping, sorting and labelling the laptops that his company were getting rid of. Very much looking forward to working with my new toy!

5 Likes

Thanks to @petra for helping me and @hannahintech with the Halloween lantern!

6 Likes

Thanks to @Clix , @joeatkin2 and @Jonty_Bottomley for fixing up the mitre saw and the band saw. Legends :+1:

3 Likes

Did someone fix the space log in discourse? It seems to be reporting door activity again! Thanks whoever did that! :heart:

Me, it seems like…but it was an accident!

3 Likes

Thanks to all the @woodtechs old and new who have & are putting in so many hours of work over the years to create and maintain & improve the workshop and train people in how to use everything. You are appreciated!

8 Likes

Thank you @asander1 for fixing the industrial sewing machine!!! :clap:

2 Likes

Special Thanks to @ChrisO for coming all the way in with his CNC PC to help test ours, we really appreciate it!

4 Likes

Thanks for @Pau for helping sweep, shovel and beg the slms outdoor area. 3 bags of leaves, muck and rubbish added to the skip pile.

3 Likes

Thanks to the laser tech engineers

1 Like

Thanks to @kirberich for tonight’s laser cutter induction. I learned a lot and can’t wait to get started on a project

1 Like

Back to back with my last post! Thanks for @Frazer for the excellent lathe induction this week. I’m looking forward to getting started on projects I’ve been waiting a number of months on, especially now I’ve got the additional tips on the best way of going about making them.

And to all the @techs who have done inductions this year, a massive thank you. Without your efforts the maker space wouldn’t be what it is. And this also goes for directors, cleaners, and anyone else who has put their time and efforts into the space. So from myself and I’m sure many others, it is much appreciated. Merry Christmas all!

3 Likes

Thanks to @Robin_B for taking the minutes of the last meeting, and @Dermot for posting them.

Belated thanks to @petra for sorting my adobe illustrator problems and helping me cut the letters for my nephew’s toy chest. Thank you SO much!

7 Likes

@woodtechs for resupplying with sanding paper and some new shadow lines for small tools storage.

2 Likes

@joeatkin2 for fixing thicknesser and the Xmas period wood elf/elves for the spruce up of the woodshop.

And members looking out for other members x

6 Likes

Massive thanks to @unknowndomain for generously redistributing his old tech to some of us lucky members. Those JBL speakers are awesome. My son loves them. Perfect accompaniment to his Dropmix game. Thank you so much! :+1:

3 Likes