Appreciation thread

@Jonty_Bottomley thank you for showing me how to use the tile cutter!

1 Like

Appreciation to ALL our fabulous inductors, who give their time and expertise, often for free, to us so we can make stuff safely and enjoyably. Thanks especially to @Beth for a thorough and fun level 1 wood lathe induction this week, highly recommended for wood workers who may not have considered wood turning - try it, you’ll like it. :grinning:

2 Likes

I would like to say thank you to @soulnafein for his warm welcome to the Electronics group and for taking me through my first steps in the wire world.

2 Likes

Thanks @Jonty_Bottomley for the woodshop induction this evening! Great stuff!
Now I have no excuse not to get working…

2 Likes

Seconded. What a knowledgeable, kind and generally lovely man @Jonty_Bottomley is!

2 Likes

Yes, thanks very much Jonty. Really useful session, learned a lot. Also great to meet you folks!

1 Like

A massive thank you to laser legend @petra for showing @Matt_Cliffe, @AaronFox and I around the machine yesterday. Great instruction and an incredible piece of kit. Thank you!

Went to sleep repeatedly muttering the word anticlockwise

3 Likes

Thanks again @Petra and it was great to meet you Tom and Aaron. See you at the Makerspace again soon, hopefully with some food for a laser cutting and sandwich eating BBQ.

3 Likes

Aaaaaa, no foood! But yeah,see you :wink:

2 Likes

Hot on the footsteps of the guys right above, I’d ALSO like to thank @petra for her time this evening - a full 24 hours later! (This is becoming the Petra appreciation thread!)

Not only did she run a session last night, but then went to work today and then came to induce (?!) the lovely @clang and @Mel, and myself. It was great - thank you so much.

(@Matt_Cliffe has got me wondering though… maybe if we use the rotary tool, we could pop a chicken on there and have us some rotisserie… :zap: :fire: :chicken: :plate_with_cutlery: :poultry_leg: )

1 Like

Great to meet you three! And thank you so much @petra for excellent, clear instruction on the laser cutter.

Thanks from me also. Really appreciate @petra taking the time out to teach us

Hahaha, @David_C Where there’s a will, there’s a way. We did discuss it but @Petra said that the food doesn’t taste as good as you think it would, but the tempation to try it is still there.

This is health and safety hell guys.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I’ll make sure to stick to cutting wood and plastic :slight_smile:

It’s ok, we’re joking.
I’m going to dismantle an old CD player and use the laser from that… :wink:

2 Likes

Many thanks to @StudioNelle for the laser cutter induction last night! Really looking forward to getting some projects going on it!

Thank you very much @Jonty_Bottomley for guiding my first steps in the addictive hobby of woodworking. He provided the material, helped me with the scary table saw cuts required for the chopping board, showed me the correct way to clamp it and glue it.

@directors can you purchase 10 more @Jonty_Bottomley please? :smiley:

4 Likes

@soulnafein - Absolutely, Please sent the Amazon link and we’ll do a next day delivery :smile:

Courty

Thanks to @Afro_ben ben helping clean the laser extract and getting the machine back in action! :+1:

2 Likes