Appreciation thread

Want to say a huge thanks to Ed @CriticalTolerance for showing a few of us how to use the Tormek last night. I sharpened my hand plane blade this afternoon and then smoothed and flattened a board with it and it was so satisfying! I’ll do some more of the dodgy space chisels with it soon with my new skills.

5 Likes

Thank you to everyone who came to the first woodshop TLC session - the corner of the workshop we tidied is looking great!

6 Likes

Woodshop TLC session? Nice one!! Good work.

1 Like

Wow. There’s a router table under there; who knew? Fantastic job all.

What are we going to do with the old Makita chop saw?

1 Like

Thanks to @Will for tackling the broken toilet seat – and making a proper fix of it too!

4 Likes

Goes without saying… @Dermot… Legend.

Further shout out to @charlottecou and all others involved in organizing the festival this weekend.

Also @deanforbes.

6 Likes

Thanks to @Jonty_Bottomley for his calming and resourceful approach to tackling my laser cutter woes at 2 o’clock this morning… whilst he was also fabricating half a dalek… and with his other hand, playing the dulcimer…

3 Likes

Thanks to @Lesley_Hilling and @Jonty_Bottomley for your help with my Adobe Illustrator/lastercutting yesterday. I need to learn Illustrator properly.

Happy to help, another couple of run throughs and you’ll familiar with the various functions, keep thinking up projects and assimilating tips!

Thanks to @fincheee for hosting Wednesday’s Open Evening at zero notice!

1 Like

Thanks to @Will @Jonty_Bottomley and @Valentino_Sfamurri for your constant enthusiasm and hard work on the metalwork area - very inspiring and great progress being made!

3 Likes

@CriticalTolerance for his bandsaw wizardry.

1 Like

I’m doing a bit more on it tonight if you’re about. I need someone with fag papers!

Yeah I saw the improperly set guide bearings :wink:

Alright, we also have some feeler gauges!

Big props to Will for getting the metal lathe going.

5 Likes

To @peter_hellyer for posting the Spring Clean 2019. (I couldn’t bare the thought of organising it again this year )

2 Likes

Can I appreciate the same thing twice !!!

It’s awesome so many people are signing up!!!

We’re having a spring clean!!!:+1:t3::blush::+1:t3::blush::+1:t3::blush:🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳:blush::blush::blush::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Hi!

I just came here to say what absolutley fantatsic support I received from everyone yesterday when attempting to laser cut a rather tricky file - particularly for the help received from @Jonathan - I think I may have just become stuck without your expert guidance.

Also I would like to say a belated thank you to @Petra who inducted me. Everything was very well explained and this was very much appreciated.

I am still very fresh to The SLMS but I have been blown away by the supportive helping atmosphere.

5 Likes

Two thanks - first of all to @laurent_muchacho for all his work on the 3d printer project. I was just printing something today and thinking how cool it is to be able to do that at home, so a big thanks to Laurent for sharing his knowledge and printing all the parts.

Second - I was in the space for the first time today after the spring clean and it’s looking amazing, so thanks to everyone who contributed.

1 Like

@platinumnqueen22 for moping and cleaning the clean room - what a star

he does this regularly and I do really appreciate it :slight_smile:

5 Likes