Appreciation thread

(Sarah Jones) #184

Want to say a huge thanks to Ed @CriticalTolerance for showing a few of us how to use the Tormek last night. I sharpened my hand plane blade this afternoon and then smoothed and flattened a board with it and it was so satisfying! I’ll do some more of the dodgy space chisels with it soon with my new skills.

(EdwardBilson) #185

Thank you to everyone who came to the first woodshop TLC session - the corner of the workshop we tidied is looking great!

(PaulY) #186

Woodshop TLC session? Nice one!! Good work.

(Martin John Finch) #187

Wow. There’s a router table under there; who knew? Fantastic job all.

What are we going to do with the old Makita chop saw?

(Dermot Jones) #189

Thanks to @Will for tackling the broken toilet seat – and making a proper fix of it too!

(Jonty Bottomley) #190

Goes without saying… @Dermot… Legend.

Further shout out to @charlottecou and all others involved in organizing the festival this weekend.

Also @deanforbes.

(Tom Hedges) #191

Thanks to @Jonty_Bottomley for his calming and resourceful approach to tackling my laser cutter woes at 2 o’clock this morning… whilst he was also fabricating half a dalek… and with his other hand, playing the dulcimer…

(Martin John Finch) #192

Thanks to @Lesley_Hilling and @Jonty_Bottomley for your help with my Adobe Illustrator/lastercutting yesterday. I need to learn Illustrator properly.

(Jonty Bottomley) #193

Happy to help, another couple of run throughs and you’ll familiar with the various functions, keep thinking up projects and assimilating tips!

(Dermot Jones) #194

Thanks to @fincheee for hosting Wednesday’s Open Evening at zero notice!

(Calum Nicoll) #195

Thanks to @Will @Jonty_Bottomley and @Valentino_Sfamurri for your constant enthusiasm and hard work on the metalwork area - very inspiring and great progress being made!

(Jonty Bottomley) #196

@CriticalTolerance for his bandsaw wizardry.

(EdwardBilson) #197

I’m doing a bit more on it tonight if you’re about. I need someone with fag papers!

(Jonty Bottomley) #198

Yeah I saw the improperly set guide bearings :wink:

Alright, we also have some feeler gauges!

(Daniel Sikar) #199

Big props to Will for getting the metal lathe going.