-17:00 Help! SUNDAY 16th April: Help wanted on for collecting Hackspace stuff! Pt.2 scroll to the bottom of thread

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4967693b8> #<Tag:0x00007fa496769278> #<Tag:0x00007fa496769138>

How’s progress on the pickup? Though you would be back by now?

We’re 20 mins away….traffic

1 Like

Sorry I ended up being useless in the end but glad to see you got it all unloaded ok!

Did you guys got the arm?

Please don’t leave it around the electronic area, I don’t want the responsibility of it.

Any pics? I will take responsibility for the arm!

3 Likes

Is not that I don’t want a robotic arm around, I just don’t want THAT robotic arm arond :slight_smile:

It could be a nice addition to the CNC area…

Probably more of an experiment tho…! :robot:

It doesn’t have the control unit, doesn’t it? the entire nightmare about that thing was to rebuilt it and smarter people then me at the hackspace got along togheter and spend an ungodly ammount of time and then just abandon it.

That in my dictionary is the description of a cursed project.

I haven’t seen it yet, so no idea what it has…. But yeah if its missing critical parts it will make a great decoration!

They didn’t get the robot arm I’m afraid.

Ah too bad!

Well, rest in pieces cursed robotic arm.

1 Like

He kept the robot arm. We got 1 out of the 3 cabinets, 10kgish lathe cutter, 15kgish milling cutters, a nice selection of imperial thread cutting stuff, a crate of wrenches, a wood lathe ( will modify it for metal spinning) Multiple vices in various sizes (incl woodwork ones, with some woodworking tools, moved them into the woodshop) Varios battery and corded hand tool for selling. a big blacksmith vice with legs base and table from (were used in the waterpolice workshop in its early days) measuring bits and bobs, multiple motors incl geared ones ( will be handy for fixing that broken autofeed in one of the woodworking machines) and 4 crates of flat and round materials.
Have to make a round 2 on the 16th to get the donkeysaw (its 250+kgs) so we have to borrow the frog from smee, and a pallet, but we gonna need at least 6 men to move that beast, it have to be taken out trough a narrow garden path and down a slope to the allyway and pulled out to the van and loaded. we also need to load the 2 extra cabinets.

1 Like

Nice haul!!

Hmmm. Is the donkey saw really worth the effort? We have a working cold saw now…

we have to take it :sweat_smile: we started to disassemble it and managed to broke a pair of nuts (easily replacable)

Hi all, does this pillar drill still need collecting? Just planing the weekend @Gergo_Dala

Yes! If it’s not the bwst for you we can skip for another day , they won’t throw it out.

No this weekends fine. Are there any details I need to know? Contact/address might be handy! Thanks

@Gergo_Dala

Smee: marshall house in wanless road next to loughborugh junction.
@scythian can you pop in the car with Rory?

Sorry cannot do this weekend.