We need your small woodwork projects Maker Fair

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa497ce0fc0>

The South London Maker Fair is coming to town in just over two weeks.

This time we are having a table displaying your craft, and also opening the wood workshop up for the general public for walk arounds and possible workshops/demonstrations

So we need the following;-

1 your small projects for display on the table. Think small boxes, lamps, turned bowls, carvings, chopping boards. Anything you have made that you can carry in.

2 slightly bigger projects like floor lamps, side tables, small coffee tables. That you are prepared to bring in on the Friday 12th and remove by Sunday 14th,

I Will be in at sometime this week to clear a space for the smaller projects to be left, please label every item with your name, mobile number, and what it is if not obvious. There is no limit to the small items as we can also set up a display in arch 2.

If anyone wants to display their larger projects we can accommodate these in arch 2 on the day but again will need to arrange for it to be brought in Friday and removed Sunday. I am talking chairs, beds, standing desks, slab tables, coffee tables, benches.

Now volunteers!
We need a few to share the duties of talking to the public at the small item stall above Herne Hill station and encouraging them to come over to the arch 2 to see where the work is done. These do not need to be woodworkers all members are welcome to volunteer.

@woodtechs and woodworkers we need volunteers to make sure the workshop is presentable and help curate the exhibits in the arch on Friday.
Saturday as many knowledgable woodworkers to deal with the general public and answer their questions. Also we need early birds to help set up the stall above the station.

Anyone who wants to demonstrate a wood work skill in arch2 please let me know (let’s stick to hand tools only. We don’t want the planer thicknesser screaming away whilst someone is energetically flattening a slab of oak with a router sled)
Hand planing, simple joints, dovetails!!! Carving ……anything woodworkery goes. @CriticalTolerance
@Jonty_Bottomley
Finally volunteers to help clear the hall at the close on Saturday and some on Sunday to load any larger items and reinstating the workshop ready for the following week

1 Like

Can certainly bring some bowls, boxes and perhaps an instrument or two…!

This one’s not been out in a while…

I’m not even a member anymore :sweat_smile:

But I was thinking of coming down to the open day to say hello and familiarise myself with Canopy’s offerings…

1 Like

Unfortunately canopy is no more! But would be good to see you again

1 Like

:sob:

Come down anyway be good to see you

1 Like

Mate I think I saw your name on something int the back of the snug the other day. I cannot remember what hope it’s not important :stuck_out_tongue:

I will have a look see if I have not been able to force people to take, I mean gifted, some bits that looks nice

Well as I was last there in January 2020 I think that’s an indication that it needs a clear out!

1 Like

There are two areas clear for your projects
On and under the top of the worktop under tool control reader. Please make sure your items are clearly labelled.

1 Like

:raising_hand_man: what time do you think?

Not sure what time we can get access to the hall, will update as soon as I hear.