Volunteer days: WOODSHOP is moving: 17-18 sept

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4a39795b0>

Just commenting to move this thread up the homepage. We’re looking good for the move on Saturday and Sunday and there will be definite work that needs to be done along with moving the tools. I’ve edited the original post to reflect some of these jobs.

1 Like

I’ll pop in during the weekend… it’s looking like Sat needs more people? Lemme see if I can swing that. Or I could pop in Friday to take care of some preliminaries, sweep or whatever?

2 Likes

We’ll be there the whole of Friday as well, whichever works for you. We do need people to make tea :slight_smile:

Saturday will be more hands on, but happy to have you on whichever day, thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @Ryanf I’m a new member ( just finalised my membership 30 mins ago). I can help and I can bring some tools if needed (for exemple high scaffolding ladder, power saws and sander).

I can pop by today (friday) from 11.30am, saturday and sunday evening from 6pm onwards. I’m also interested in induction if possible.

1 Like

I’ll be available now on Saturday as well as my event got cancelled on Saturday due to Queen’s death, etc…

See ya there probably from 10-11ish onwards…

1 Like

Hi Dario. We have few people here already. You’re very welcome to join! See you later!

1 Like

Please take lotsa pictures!

I’m gutted I can’t help out… still in Germany. :sob:

3 Likes

I’ll be free on Saturday afternoon to help. I can be there from 2pm if that’s ok?

1 Like

Come on down… moving has begun!

8 Likes

leave some for me!

1 Like

We made really good progress today, but there is still lots to do. The heavy machines have been moved over, but there are some that still need moving and putting into place. There’s also a few benches that need building from unistrut.

We we’re thinking of splitting people into groups to work on certain areas, but whoever arrives, we can work on different areas doing different jobs.

See you all tomorrow.

3 Likes

Sorry I can’t be there!!! Looking good

The force!

5 Likes

Super exciting!! I’m around later once I’ve got my daughter’s doctor appointment sorted. Let me know if I should bring anything special or from the shops.

3 Likes

My wife has a respiratory illness of some kind so I can’t make it this weekend, sorry. Good luck with the move!

1 Like

Great day at Arch 2 volunteer day today, new structure to house air/dust filters built and fitted, thanks to @dom @father @Christian and @Caitlin_Campbell

Loads of other stuff done too like new wall benches, machine fitting, dust extraction tube system, etc, loads of sorting out and old wood shop clearance, loads happened but only took pictures of this, not going to try to list all the people, @Federico @ClemJ @Brendon_Hatcher @Ryanf @lewisss @crafty_creator (probably forgot or don’t know some people but thanks anyway) please post any messages and pictures, these days get so much done so the more the merrier… more fun tomorrow :star_struck:

Also, great lunch arranged by @Julia nice one, thanks for sorting this out :+1:

5 Likes

More photos of today, thx @Julia

4 Likes

Popped in for a quick visit today. Looking really good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m coming!

1 Like