Videogame arcade cabinet for the space

I noticed that the arcade toy connected to the TV is usually well used during parties (like the Christmas one) and as a retro game console collector I tough, we need an arcade machine in the space ! :smiley:

the shape would be something like this :

Wearing the red and white colors of our logo and possibly using it as multimedia center instead of only a gaming device (like, as wifi speaker or showing information about the space/events ) .

What do you people think?

Would be useful more than fun?

Do we have space for it?

I’m finding it hard to think of somewhere it could go…

would be cool, but I agree with Tom

Table version in the social area?

http://www.pinballzarcade.com/products-page/classic-arcade-games/asteroids-cocktail-table-original

Not this deep, obviously

3 Likes

Hi Andrea

Were you thinking of rehoming that particular one? Because I was wondering if there were any folding designs? Or extra shallow ones?

I was also thinking of how it might look as a kind of bright red WE ARE HERE item with a flag on it for use at open days, events, whatever.

I’m sure the point is obvious but anyways:

Kind regards to all,
Jonathan.

2 Likes

Design would be from scratch , yes, I love the idea of the flag :slight_smile:

Still, no space, no cabinet :frowning:

colours would be something like :

Just a Pi connected to the TV with 2 - 4 controllers would probably have to do us. It could mount to the wall, or the back of the television, even.

1 Like

yeah, but…we are makers :wink:

… I’ll confess I’m not a fan of video games or their consoles, but I love shelving units

WIth doors

And flags too.

Cheers,
J.

3 Likes

Makers with no spare space

1 Like

The one I posted pictures off on Thursday was exactly that, a Pi plugged into the TV running an emulator !

I used one of the new PiZero boards, about half the size of an iPhone. could be hidden anywhere.

I would love to make the full retro cabinet or table top but I don’t have the room at home either :cry:

Courty

Yes yes yes yes yes. Yes.

It’s something to consider if we ever have the space. I could spend hours pouring over some old school roms.

One for the makerspace II list?

Ok, I’m going to go for retropie + one pi then :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Let me know if you want an apprentice!
(Pi newb)

I have Lots of the MAME (Multi Arcade Machine Emulator) Pub game ROM’s and a bunch of the extra Emulator BIOS files.

My favs are Defender and Defender II (AKA Stargate), Original Space Invaders, Original Asteroids and PacMan #stupidgrin

Courty

1 Like

What about a cocktail cabinet style ? Takes up less space, and doubles as a table :slight_smile:

A la https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/awuk-deluxe-flat-pack-cocktail-arcade-cabinet-kit.html

Sadly there is no wai to fit that between the sofas :frowning:

I got retropie running the other day, would recommend it https://retropie.org.uk/

I propose this as an option, takes up no room since the area is filled with random crap anyway, and would be very awesome.

1 Like