Today, the UK government advice regarding Covid-19 has been updated. It now states:
- Now is the time for everyone to stop non-essential contact with others
- You should avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and other such social venues
Accordingly, we will be closing the Makerspace as soon as possible. Please note the key details of the closure process:
- No further making of any sort is to happen at the Makerspace from now.
Access to collect any personal possessions will be possible until 10pm on Tuesday 17th March. You should plan to spend as little time as possible in the space – not more than 10 minutes.
- Note: @Howard is kindly spending the day at the space, so that non-keyholders can get in to collect belongings.
- At 10pm on Tuesday 17th March, the Makerspace will be physically closed – members will no longer be able to access the space until further notice.
- We do not know how long the Makerspace will remain closed – however, we anticipate it will be for at least 2 weeks. This will be reviewed regularly by the Directors, following UK Government advice.
Whilst the physical space will be closed, our community continues on Discourse – so please do join the discussions. Hopefully many of you will be able to continue making at home during this period – you might find an idea for a new make on Discourse or be able to share your own tips and suggestions!
Once we know how long the space needs to remain closed, we will discuss the issue of membership subs with all members. For now, subs will continue to be taken by Direct Debit – the space may be closed, but most of our major costs (such as rent and business rates) still need to be paid. As ever, if you are in financial hardship please contact the Directors and we can discuss an alternative arrangement.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to the Directors.
At this difficult time, please take care of yourselves and your loved ones.