EDIT - 16/03/2020: Please see latest announcement - URGENT: Makerspace Closing due to Covid-19
The South London Makerspace Directors have been in close contact over the last few days to try and formulate plans for our response to potential Covid 19 derived issues.
Covid 19 is a new type of virus so is unpredictable, we are taking advice both from NHS England and World Health Organisation (WHO). We are also receiving advice from the City of London response committees.
Unfortunately at this time, for an organisation like ours, the advice is unclear and changing hour by hour.
As directors, we have a duty to look at any given situation and to do what we believe at the time is best for the membership.
At this time, our response is as follows :-
This is Your community, please work with us to keep it safe by following the enclosed guidance.
- Any member who has been requested to self-isolate due to possible contact with a Covid 19 carrier are requested to stay away from the space until further notice
- If you have been in the space in the last 14 days and you are diagnosed with or suspected to have Covid 19 you must inform the directors immediately
- No Guests in the space until further notice – Open evenings will be cancelled until further notice
- Any member who is showing Any flu or cold like symptoms is requested to stay away from the space until they are given a medical all clear or for 14 days from the end of the illness.
- Any member who is immunocompromised, has a family member who is immunocompromised or is under any kind of treatment that may weaken immunity is requested to stay away until further notice – Members who are in regular close contact with older relatives should decide if this includes them.
- Organisers of events, evenings and gatherings are requested to stand down these events until further notice
- Numbers in the space should be limited so that you can easily stay a good arm’s length apart. This is especially true for the woodshop where people tend to work in close proximity
- Hygiene is of upper most importance. Please wash your hands on arrival at the space. Please wash up after yourself, do not share face masks, equipment or cutlery without properly sanitising it
- Please keep surfaces clean, wipe down surfaces before and after you use them (including benches and laser external hard surfaces) - there is cleaner at the sinks and plenty of blue roll for this use
- The Directors reserve the right, without notice, to close the space for an undetermined amount of time if we are requested to do so by any authority or if we believe the risk becomes too high to safely continue.
Many Thanks for your continued support and please work with us to keep SLMS safe by following the above.
Covid19 Statment 13-03-2020-2.pdf (102.4 KB)