[UNRESOLVED] Laser access behaving weirdly

i had simular issues when i tested out the tempery tool control for the table saw.

i initually had 5 sec reads with 2 failed reads, shut the tool down.

in the end i was reading the token every second and killing tool access after 10 consecutive read failures using a countdown register. in operation i was routinly seeing single and double read failures. and occasionally getting 5 consecutive read failures between successful reads.

i use pn532 nfc readers, so your milage would may be different

Is the connection in the machine/ any chance you have knocked the switch or something? Because the laser reading as open when its not is pretty strange, its usually reliable.

A reasonable diagnosis…

I checked all the wiring today but it worked reall well for a couple weeks.

I’m also having problems @systems - fob is in, relay clicks, yellow flashing and green, then red light goes on as well as green and yellow flashing, then goes back to just green and yellow , then red comes on again…

Any ideas?

I went to change my fob on the fob kiosk thing but no option to change fob just a button to log out. My fob is the newer style, recently changed.

Fobs are all the same so not sure what newer style means but anyway…

The way you replace the fob is by scanning a new one and entering your email address. Just as a new member would.

Also the station is currently disabled awaiting repair so your fob will work regardless.

Looking to get the laser cutter working. The tool control doesn’t seem to like my fob.

“Also the station is currently disabled awaiting repair so your fob will work regardless.” - the station being the fob kiosk thingy? So I can’t get a new fob then - as I said I can’t do anything other than “log out”

Any suggestions on how I do some laser cutting? Came down specifically for that.

As in, tool control isn’t up and running, it has been bypassed so should be fine without a fob at all.

Ahh, thank you. Ok I’ll try again but laser wasnt cutting but will figure it out. Thanks!

That is a different matter. There is no laser cutter.

So a @lasertechs issue

Anything coming on? Is extraction working? Or unplugged somewhere?

1 Like

All fine, the usual trotec software issue, was too focused on the tool control gizmo to notice :flushed:

Laser cutter working great

2 Likes