Timber run (mid september)

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4991f6540>

Hello, have some annual leave and for my birthday I’m just going to spend 3 days straight at the space making some stuff for which I"ll be going out to buy some big slabs. Probably make the trip to surrey timbers to handpick slabs. Might also use Fallen&Feld instead, but open to other suggestions.

Does anyone want to join or put anything in the order?

Consider these as well

Bit late to the game, but let me know if you’re yet to go on the wood run!

I am yet to go yeah

I was at fallen an felled at Tottenham recently. If you want big slabs then I imagine you will need to go to one of their yards as they don’t keep a great deal at Tottenham.

I was going to hire a vehicle probably, don’t have my own transport no

I happened to be camping next to English Woodlands Timber that Mark shared above and was having a look at their website, lots of options for slabs listed individually! Not sure if that takes your fancy but would probably be a similar price for shipping as van hire for a day. Would be keen to get in on that if it takes your omterest but happy to go either of the other options if rhwyre preferable for you?

If you end up ordering from english woodlands I had my eye on a couple of slabs too and would be keen to split delivery. I’ll get in touch with them about selection to see if they have what I want

1 Like

I’d be more up for EWT so either way, if that’s something you’re up for @msparker I’ll get looking at some boards and can go ahead with this perhaps?

I’m keen - shall we try to get it together by Friday/Saturday for Delivery next week?

1 Like

Absolutely, sounds great!

I think I misunderstand this.
Are you just ordering some wood online and paying someone to deliver it?

That would be the plan, it’s a couple of hours drive away unfortunately so the plan would be to get it delivered. Is that a no go for you?

Yeah, I want to visit English woodlands timber at some point.

I was just looking through some of the boards I’d shortlisted and noticed this -

Although it’s obviously not the same as seeing them in person, sounds like you could arrange a video call for them to show you slabs and boards you’d like more views of.

Sorry my weekend changed a bit due to the weather tomorrow, I’m keen to place my order tomorrow (if they are open) does everyone else know what they want?

1 Like

I’ll be ready by tomorrow, got my shortlist and just finalising now! @Giles & @msparker, does this work for you?

I emailed but didn’t get a reply yet. I really need a vid appointment or to get there for what I want so am not ready to order. Don’t let me slow you down though if you are!

1 Like

I’m not in a rush but appreciate if @Matt_Carter wants to order sooner. I’m keen for splitting delivery cost more ways so would prefer to wait for you (and @Giles if that works for him) to get a video appointment so it can be split three or four ways.

and @msparker I’ve got. a few days off this week, so I’m keen to get a delivery by Wednesday to put work in Thursday/Friday

I’ve just checked the delivery fee, it’s £160. :grimacing: Quite steep even split 2/3 ways! I’m fairly sure Fallen&feld we’re much cheaper/would be easier to pick up from with a zipvan… Gonna call them Monday?

I need a single board about this size, and they’ve previously said they’d be happy to cut it down roughly to save on shipping for me.