Thursday 14th June 2018 - Electronics hacking- Wanna play and maybe learn some stuffs?

Let us take apart and/or some how salvage some quite broken tablet computers

I’m offering a hacking session of trying to do something useful with a pile of broken/dead/smashed android tablet computers. Is this desirable and if so who is climbing aboard this crazy train with me?

I imagine you can practice separating lcd’s from digitizers, desolder and solder seemingly impossible devices like ball grid array devices, hey I lack imagination so why don’t you tell me?

I’m trying to gauge interest, so please, do, be, very, vocal.

6 Likes

I’ve got some experience of repairing phones and laptops by replacing parts. I just followed youtube videos.
I’d like to learn more including component level.
Could they run headless, without local screen?

Hi Yes great idea.

1 Like

One way to find out. :stuck_out_tongue:

awesome :smiley:

Sounds interesting I’m up for it :+1:

I actually have a semi-broken tablet which I could bring along and try to revive while we’re tinkering

1 Like

I’ve got loads of ‘broken’ tech

I encourage your plan, feel free to bring it along, at the very least it’ll make a nice firework. ;p

1 Like

2 Likes

I’ll have a season ticket, please.

I have none of the knowledge in this area, but much of the curiosity.

2 Likes

Sounds like fun, I’m interested!

1 Like

I’m interested

1 Like

Wo that’s a lorra broken tablets

Ok so when is this potentially happening? :robot:

1 Like

I’m up for it depending on the date.

1 Like

Sounds cool!

I think it’s fair to say we have enough tablets to work on now, question is what is your availability for attending?

I’m available most any time really… so I need suggestions please for a suitable date and time?

1 Like

I’m still puzzled at how you managed to break so many…

1 Like

It was probably when they fell off the back of the truck :thinking:

Would a Doodle be useful? - https://doodle.com/poll/2hs3wdem8qqd8tqu

1 Like

i bought them on ebay for this event. :stuck_out_tongue: im not quite that clumsy heheh

2 Likes