Thursday 14th June 2018 - Electronics hacking- Wanna play and maybe learn some stuffs?

Hi, I’m very interested in this session. Although, not a tablet!

I’m trying to utilise some of the subsystems from a Casio led projector. The challenge is to reverse engineer the control interfaces (~8 digital/analogue signals) for the following modules.

1. PSU enable, blue laser and red led driver boards
  2. Fan control board
  3. Auto focus stepper motor drive board

These are discrete modules separated from the main CPU board that I’m not interested in.

I have one projector working with some dead pixel disease to capture the digital and analogue signal readings. And one that is in pieces that can be used to test if the interface works.

I believe the blue laser module is about 25 watts, so I will need to build a safety test rig and and acquire safety glasses before trying, as this is very dangerous. The working projector has part of the case removed for capturing signals, but other than that, has not been modified and emits only white light.

All things being equal and a lot of research, poke and hope, I can collimate four of these units and focus with suitable lenses to build a fully cooled 100 watt cutting laser with a small footprint.

Will

1 Like

Ok so based on the vote so far, shall we say Thursday 14th?

Would 7pm be ok for all interested?

2 Likes

this would clash with preexisting electronics night.

hey,

on second thoughts thursday evening will be suitable and is now the date.

heaven forbid doing electronics on electronics night!

3 Likes

Ok great :+1:

ok ime intersted iwill bring what i have an old apple
we may need the hot air gun to get the screen offf
see you thursday time?

Great, I’m in. Will bring led/laser projector.

Sorry I didn’t make this in the end! :frowning_face:

How did it go? Any successful hacking to report?

Not sure how but we have two threads on this historic event :wink:

Oh right, well deserved :grin: