A few notes here that I hope will be useful
Overriding approach to getting rid of stuff:
- make sure it’s not needed – historically we’ve had the digital clock remote, an £800 chopsaw and an espresso maker thrown out deliberately, but in error (I saved the coffee machine)
- is it a member’s item? We need to give members the chance to retrieve their stuff
- Sort out landfill, reusable and recyclable items. Work out which waste/reuse stream stuff needs to go into and label/store appropriately. Think about who might need what we’re getting rid of
Quantum bags for general waste and recycling can take up to 10kg
There will be space in the next Arch 2 skip for general (non putrescible) waste
Tidy the clean room
- all work surfaces to be cleared – only ‘unmoveable/permanent equipment’ to be left on work surfaces (3d printers are a good example), the only other exception is COVID safety/sanitising gear, which should have clearly designated places. Reminder: there is no storage of members’ projects/equipment in Clean room ever, so any non-SLMS can be moved/boxed. Avoid ‘tidying as hiding’ – we’ve lost items for years because of being tidied away in an obscure place! Maybe have an ‘I don’t know where it goes box’?
Sort and label ‘stationary drawers’ – and fix the handles!
- refit birch panel to wall beside main doors – small module attached to wall stud needs removing first (@Courty?) and be very vigilant with any wiring behind. These panel are fitted using black plasterboard screws (should be some in the Snug) PH2 driver bit)Do not attempt if in any doubt
Finish big ‘M’ – needs some more detailing
Paint walls either side of doors? If we have the paint?
Window frames need scraping/sanding (avoiding sanding the glass!) and Osmo oiling
Reclaim our picnic bench and bike parking area
Bike rack needs bolting to floor
Vent planter (the ‘tea pot’ one) needs knocking into shape and fixing to the ground – the positioning was quite specific for this to make sure there’s always bike access even when a car is parked beside it
- Clear desk policy: all work surfaces to be cleared – only ‘unmoveable/permanent equipment’ to be left on work surfaces (milling machine and CNC are good examples in this room), the only other exception is COVID safety/sanitising gear, which should have clearly designated places. So zero small tools etc. Reminder: the only storage of members’ projects/equipment in Messy Room is by pre-booking the assembly area. Avoid ‘tidying as hiding’ – maybe have an ‘I don’t know where it goes box’?
We don’t see any of these plants as weeds as nearly everything is contributing to biodiversity, but the plants do need reining in here and there, and there’s a couple of dead specimens that need removing