Temporary photographic studio

I was in the space last night and the sofa’s had all been dragged out and there were just piles of things around, the lighting was very unstable and tilting over.

It’s great we have this kit but it seems like it’s not getting very well cared for and is making an already busy area cluttered, could it not be stored somewhere between uses.

The moral of the story here is, tidy up after yourself. The social area is primarily a social area, not the photographic studio that happens to have sofas in.

If we need to do some work to make it easier to rig and de-rig this area, then that should be discussed (castors on the sofas?) but as with all other areas, in general leave them in a better state than you found them.

I agree with that, but when I previously suggested that the lighting equipment should be put away people objected saying it should be on display, however I feel a suitable amount of time has passed for display purposes and it should be tidied up now.

I concur. This stuff needs a home, and the social area is not it.

1 Like

That’s not a problem, I’m in thr space today I’ll pack it away. I did object to putting the equipment out sighy orginally but also was happy to go with majority if there were objections.

I should also mention when using the equipmemt myself and Johnathan replaced sofas to original positions.

Also disappoimting that it wasn’t mentioned to me when I was also in the space last night, could have easily been remedied last night.

I’ll clear equipment and until a home is decided will be in the corner near tv.

It wasn’t clear who was responsible to me.

Ok, well I need to take some more pics tonight and will pack away when I’m done.

1 Like

No worries!

6 months after we decided to get one, I’ve finally had a desktop product photography studio delivered. 40x40x40cm with two lamps and a tripod. I’ll drop it at the space this evening.

1 Like

What’s the source for the image in your post? I’d be keen on making a smaller one of those for myself.

There already is an @video group. I suppose we could take responsibility for the lighting equipment if nobody else wants to.

Yes, I think my post predates that group, @video seems the logical home for this gear.

OK, is there a full inventory of the equipment? Should it be listed in the Tools section? And … (deep breath) … is an induction necessary?

Ask @StudioNelle as I think she chose most of it?

Induction? It’s not valuable/vulnerable enough to need one. Does it pose a risk to users?

Desktop kit is at the bottom of textiles storage, next to cased sewing machine

1 Like

Can’t remember now, possibly instructables? Google it you’ll find similar

2000W Photo Studio Continuous Lighting Kit Softbox Boom Arm 3 Background - now sold out but I think it’s the same as the spec outlined below:

Three (3) 125W / 5500K Energy Saving Light Spiral Bulbs
Three (3) 50cmx70cm EZ Softbox
Three (3) Photo Studio Light Stands
One (1) Boom Arm with Swivel

One (1) 1.6 x 3m Black Non Woven Background
One (1) 1.6 x 3m White Non Woven Background
One (1) 1.6 x 3m Green Non Woven Background
One (1) 3 Section Cross Bar
One (1) 2 Light stands
One (1) Free Carry Bag

Specification:

Light Stands
Height is adjustable from 78cm to 210cm
Footprint is 61cm
70cm long when closed
5/8” stem
1/4" screw tip on the stem
Max load of 3KG
Made from aluminum alloy
Folds up quickly and easily

125W 5500K Daylight Lighting Bulb:
Average Life: 12,000 Hours
Kelvin Colour Temperature: 5500K (Closest equivalent to natural light which prevents colour abberration)
Approximate Incandescent Equivalent: 625 Watt, total output is 1875 Watt
Flicker-Free
E27 standard screw-in base
CRI (Color Rendering Index ) > 84
Designed for 220V
UL listed, Energy Star compliant

Bulb Using tips

• Please DO NOT touch the glass directly with your hand, use a clean cloth to install the bulb.
  • Please always HOLD plastic part, NOT the glass part.
  • Frequent turn on/off will reduce working life signicanlty.

Boom Arm:
Boom arm extends from 76cm to 142cm
Quick release locks makes adjusting the height of the stand and the length of the boom arm simple and quick
Finish on the stand is black anodized aluminum

Rectangle Quick Setup Softbox with AC Socket
Made of high quality nylon
Quick set-up design makes shooting a breeze
Size: 50cm x 70cm large soft box
Ultimate soften light stream and remove shadow to make perfect shooting
Code & UK Plug included
Color: Black/Silver (Out/In) Silver Internal Face: Minimize Light Loss & Maximize Light Spread
2 Levels Light Control Available
*Soft Box Only
*Soft Box + External White Cover

2 x 2m Background Support Stand Set:
2m Max. fully extended height and 0.8m Min. height.
Three-section separate telescopic crossbars can adjust width from 0.75m to 2m easily.
Extra wide footprint with rubber tips for more stability.
Heavy-duty aluminum construction for strong support capacity but lightweight
Set up in minutes and easy to store in a portable carrying bag.
Carrying bag has higher quality and provides better protection for products

Non Woven Backdrop:
Color: Black & White & Green
Size: 1.6 x 3m
Non Woven fabric is cost effective, lightweight and ecological friendly
Seamless surface helps to soak up all the light without reflective
Can easily be hung
Portable and great in the permanent studio
Different color allows for a variety of different shoots
Allow for 5-8% manufacturing shrinkage

4 x Metal Backdrop Clamps (Free Gift)
Essential Item in Any Studio Setup
Material: Metal
Size: 6.6cm x 7.5cm
Light Weight and Easy to Use
Perfect for clipping paper, canvas and securing muslin backdrops to a crossbar

Free Carry bag:
Heavy duty material
With pockets to fit the components of the background support

K&F Concept Camera Tripod Lightweight Magnesium Aluminum Alloy Tripod Kit with 4 Sections + 360 Degree Ball Head + 8KG Load Capacity + 1/4" Quick Release Plate for DV Digital Camera Panasonic Canon Nikon Sony GoPro Fujifilm Kodak DSLR Cameras 62" Black TM2324

80cm&40cm Photography Studio Cube Tent Softbox Lighting Light Stand Backdrop Kit

Description:

Professional Photography Studio Setting for Perfect Shooting

80 x 80 x 80cm Soft Light Tent, with backdrops (1 blue, 1 red, 1 white)

40 x 40 x 40cm Soft Light Tent, with backdrops (1 blue, 1 red, 1 white)

The white high duty nylon fabric round tent avoids reflections for clean and color-consistent images.

Fabric backdrops - 3 different colors Seamless and Non-reflective Fabric backdrops (blue, red, white),

which give flexibility in adding different effects.

2x Aluminum Lamp Stand- 30-50cm adjustable height is prefect for table top shooting.

1x Camera Stand Support, 36-100cm adjustable height

2x 45W 5500K e27 Energy Saving Spiral Light Bulbs

Energy Saving Light Bulbs saves energy up to 80% and Lifespan is 8,000 hours longer than others.

5500K color temperature is most suitable for studio shooting.

2x Lamp Heads ( Diameter: 15.5cm, e27 Lamp Holder, Length Cable: 1.65m )

1x Carry Storage Bag(802922cm)

2 Likes

Did we also get a smaller photography box?

We did in August

Hopefully it’s still there!

1 Like

Still there and although I haven’t quite figured it out yet - it’s a great bit of kit. I hope makers will utilise for documenting there makes.

3 Likes