Temporary photographic studio

If you get it to Somerset house, I could come and pick it up with the car on a weekend, rather than you having to make two trips. My work should be find to have it delivered to too.

Ahh amazing, what ever is easiest for you.

I can receive the delivery at my work address as long as it can arrive before Tues 23rd May. I’ll pm you my work address it that works for us? I’m am away for a couple of weeks after so if we can’t get it deloivered that soon, shall we organise for when I am back?

1 Like

Start thinking about where to keep it all…

1 Like

I’ve got a few brand new odds and sods knocking about at home (umbrella, tripod attachments, IR remote trigger etc) that I’ve never got round to utilising. I’ll bring them down at some point to see if they’d be of any use to this project.

1 Like

Where’s the delivery address?

Esther’s taking the delivery. The big studio arrived today. THe small one and the tripod arrive tomorrow.

Would these be of any use for the studio?

All brand new, never used…

1 Like

Amazing!

I dont know enough about photography. We probabky dint need the umbrellas but maybe tge spped trigger @Barnaby @pip any thoughts?

i don’t know, do we even have any strobes ?

All that stuff will be useful if we did get strobes… :slight_smile: Thanks Dale!

Godox is a brand that we have bought at work because it’s basically a chinese manufacturer that figured out they can make stuff as good as expensive stuff, but sell it for less thus steal all the business. So we bought some. They’re great. Let’s get some.

1 Like

I’ll bring down anyway and if not needed can easily take it home again.

1 Like

You can use umbrellas to defuse normal lights as well as strobes !

Courty

1 Like

Just dropped off the umbrella, tripod fixings and remote trigger. They’re tucked behind the sofa in the chill out area. Hopefully they’ll come in handy at some point.

When we were using the social area for a meeting someone had left the soft boxes up, they are kind of in the way of using that area normally, can the folks who advocated for this kit pack it up and find somewhere safe for them to be kept between uses.

I wonder if we need someone – or an @techs area – to take ownership of the photography gear. It’s of course for use of all members and all areas, but storage and maintenance of it needs to be someone’s responsibility.

The existing group that would conceivably encompass this would be @marketing?

Although if we’re going to do more filming of induction/instruction then maybe a new @imaging team is needed?

1 Like

I’d actually with assistance with alot of help with Ana cleared the social area to allow for room for the softboxes. Every person that came into the space after the clear up including assembling of the soft boxes complimented how great the area looked.

I felt it would be nice to actually have them out so people new to the space are aware it there and available to use. They sit way out of the way of the sofas, access to the tv is still available, and anyone wanting to use it could easily set up a backdrop where they are situated with little fuss.

That said if the consensus is it is an obstruction where it is it comes in a bag and I can hapilly pack in the bag and move to the snug out of sight.

I liked that fact that it made its presence felt: was like ‘oh, good, we have a photography area now’.

Longer term let’s see how it goes?

Amazon finally got round to refunding me for the mis-delivered bits of this order.

(Tripod and 40x40x40cm softbox)

I will re-order equivalents.