Signs for space

My suggestion, uses Makerspace’s aesthetic and logo.

Yep. It’s a good look.

One thought: is that wood treated? Is there a treatment that doesn’t darken the wood and lose the contrast? Can we treat something so i.e. sitting it in mud at a festival won’t forever taint it?

1 Like

That’s the sign that goes out on for events at the moment.

Osmo oil

I asked because to my experience that does darken it, right? And I’m dubious it provides the kind of wipe-shit-off protection a ground sign would want.

We’ve just had a vote on what design we want.
After a couple of redesigns.
Now we’re redisnging again.
Ignoring everyone’s input on the vote.

Yellow card.

I think it’s fine. It’s for out door use.

If you want you could color test a few different brands.

I’m not sure we are, I asked in the other thread if white meant wood or painted white, it would make more sense that it was wood like the old sign.

The design is the same, just asking about materials.

100% agree. Make a simple sign first and then jazz it up after…

At risk of upsetting the decision making, would a simple answer be to paint the whole thing in blackboard paint so it can be drawn on?

Nope, 'cos it’s not distinctive enough from a distance. I’d certainly thought about having a blackboard, think I mentioned that if canopy are replacing their signs we could appropriate for that.

But mainly, nothing has changed from this —

I’ve taken this sign. I’ll get a color match on it from b and q if its open tomorrow. Unless I here otherwise…

2 Likes

That’s just red spray paint.

Okay so not doing that then.

I found two tins of paint in the snug.
The are both called “signal”
One can with a date 2015 and other with date 2016.

Shall we get another one of these?

Or this:

1 Like

sounds a plan.

In practice, my understanding is that it’s really just the most ‘Red’ Red, one can buy that is needed, the red we use is 255 0 0 RGB for screen afaik?

Yes that correct.

There is no specific red used for painting walls etc because there isn’t really a system.

Things to look out for:

• Flat reds (tomato red) which are red but not vibrant.
  • Pinkish reds
  • Orangeish reds

Try to go for a bold red, you know what our colour is, I’m sure you’ll pick it just fine. We should make more effort to document this though.

Yeah, use your judgement Paul. It’ll be fine

What about just using the current paint - i.e has it been checked that it’s definitely gone off - less than a year old and I’d think it’d still be fine and I don’t imagine a sign needs much…

1 Like

They are floor paints

That’s fine yes. But I guess we have to have this convo sooner or later any way.

This time we can save the details of the paint we get and then going forward we can then use the same paint.