Secret Maker 2017 ๐ŸŽ Get Making for 9th December

Who is a glutton for punishment and wants to take part in another Secret Maker this year? For those that donโ€™t know here is the thread from last year :
(Christmas Secret Maker - get making!)

Basically itโ€™s like secret Santa but you have to make, build, bake, sew, code, solder, grow, print, turn, cast or otherwise construct your gift. Because weโ€™re makers and thatโ€™s what we do.

Based on the assumption we are having a Christmas/ Festive Party (smiles sweetly and bats eyelids at @events ), members wishing to take part should sign up below. 4 weeks before the Xmas party (or if no party, the joyless date of gift exchange) the list will close and @jonathanjo will run the names through his highly secure random shuffle cryptographics as detailed here: Secret Maker Secret Ballot Cryptographics

You are then messaged on discourse with the name of the person you are making for. You put a tag on your gift reading โ€œTo: xxx From: Secret Makerโ€ and we give out the gifts at the Xmas party and everyone is happy and we can all see what a great group of makers we are. The end. :tada:

3 Likes

Secret Makers:

1. @Beth
  2. @tobyspark
  3. @stefanoromano
  4. @RichM
  5. @AndyPaine
  6. @peter_hellyer
  7. @mouat
  8. @SarahJ
  9. @Turnip-Stew
  10. @lewisss
  11. @Esther_Gladstone
  12. @Courty
  13. @StudioNelle
  14. @MariamH

And, yes, we should pencil a date for a Christmas party, eh. We did Saturday 10th last year, and I think a Wednesday mid-Dec the year before that.

1 Like

I think a Saturday worked well

1 Like

Damn, I need to finish your lathe from last year !!!

looks fun ^^

1 Like

Itโ€™s ok I wonโ€™t hold you to it!

Just giving this thread a bump. It is likely Iโ€™ll be closing the sign up in the next few days, (depending on the date decided for the Christmas party) so if you want to take part nowโ€™s your chance.

@Beth I put my name down depending on date - need to be there to explain how the contraption works - if it works! :stuck_out_tongue:

14th December is the itaian job hhff

I added my name what at the beginning bit no longer there?

Hmm, doesnโ€™t show up in this history either.

discourse really doesnโ€™t like it when more than one person is editing at the same time - so maybe you were unlucky and hit save whilst someone else was editing elsewhere too?

Oh Iโ€™ll just add it now. Must be what Pete said. Not a conspiracy I promise!

1 Like

Amazing - thanks.

Ok looks like the party is going to be 9th December from the vote. Iโ€™ve closed the sign up. Over to @jonathanjo

I did my mumbo jumbo and sent everybody the name of their victimrecipient for their secret making.

Back @beth for any further instructions.

Have fun!

J.

Unfortunately Daniel @dsikar is unable to take part, so under instruction from leader Beth @beth I pulled apart the polynucleotides of the DNA of the cryptic core and shorted them back together, omitting Danielโ€™s guanine nucleobase so that his receiver will now receive from Danielโ€™s maker. The fabric of the universe is rendered whole once more.

J.

3 Likes

Iโ€™m not going to be able to make the Christmas Party on the 9th. Should I pull out of Secret Santa, or will there be a mechanism in place for non attendees to give and receive gifts?

I will allocate an area tbc at the space where people can leave their gifts. Last time I cleared a shelf in the snug so I will see what can be done this time. If you leave it there with a label than it can be put together with the others at the party and likewise you can collect your gift after the party.

What date was decided for the presents to be in by? Could be updated in the title of the thread please. Iโ€™m likely to forget.

Cheers