Resin printer extraction

Thanks to @scday94 and @Calin for their hard work on the resin printer extraction! Need to order a couple of bits to connect it up, but getting close!

8 Likes

Can’t wait to get inducted to use this :smiley: well done

2 Likes

Hey @3dtechs!

Got the extraction hood!

We will need to adapt the output to the pipe tho:

Sorry for the delay, hope to have the other bits this week! Will schedule an evening… cheers

2 Likes

Nice! I just popped in to see if the parts have come yet ands was going to look at continuing the ducting but they haven’t come yet.

1 Like

Cool, if you are still there I can bring the hood by if you want to have a go at mounting it? Then we can plumb it later this week…

yes still here, sounds good

Ok great, cu shortly!

One step closer.

5 Likes

Nice!

Oh wow, nice work!

I finally got a spot on the woodworking induction so I’ll be in today and can do some measurements.

The adapter issue sounds like a perfect plan for a 3D printed solution :smiley: Did you end up buying an electric air shutter valve thingy? I might have a think about making one integrated into the adaptor. (What would be the electrical signals send to open and close it?)

Hey @asander1, there’s a big box of parts here for you, may I open it to see if it has the :duck:ts we need?

I’m at the space now, can definitely do a quick adapter print

I can pop in tomorrow evening and will look at connecting up the power cable as it has been cut short. I’m sure @metaltechs could help with an adapter if we need a more sturdy one.

It has power and is working. I would take credit but I essentially, I pointed at it, shouted help and @joeatkin2 did the actual work.

1 Like

Sweet! Other parts should be here soon!

1 Like

Let me know when they are in as I might be able to come in tonight or tomorrow evening so we could possibly have it running for the weekend.

Yeah cool, I am looking for the tracking info, I will be in tomorrow also…

Cheers,
Andy

Supposed to be delivered today- @Howard keep an eye out? (And make a space booking if you will be there long!)

Thanks!
Andy

The adaptor fits, but I need to print another adaptor for the adaptor to adapt the angle to make the piping work :smiley: I think I can get this side of the piping done in a couple of hours.

There’s a package for you @asander1 maybe this one has the coupler to the big pipe. Where’s the riveting gun? Also what should I use to seal between the coupler and the big pipe?

Yea open it! Should be!

There was a tube of sealant we had pulled out of the big box in arch 2 (under big cnc pc?) foil tape is around and rivet stuff is in messy room tool shelves

Hmm, bit crooked at the hood, but otherwise fits quite good. Everything above the old shutoff valve fits well, but the shutoff is at an angle to the extractor hood. I think with a bit of foil, it’ll be all good.

I found the fittings for the other side, they arrived in the box, and gonna try to rush for it since no one’s using the laser. I think we stick with the old shutoff valve and keep the 2nd fitting and shutoff valve for something else right?

1 Like