Proposed (Confirmed!) event: Time to Talk Day Thursday 2nd February 2017

That’s a shame Andrew, hope your lecture is good. Thanks for your input which is great.

no idea! Hopefully most of the people who’ve responded to this post which is 18 and a few others who will come along, so perhaps 25 from Makerspace. the scones will get eaten :slight_smile:

@tobyspark @Dermot has anybody confirmed via twitter or facebook?

gosh, I don’t think there’s a lot going on, it’s just 1 thing every half hour or so and apart from the games which will happen, the talks aren’t confirmed yet.

Does it seem overwhelming?

1 Like

In the original post 3 weeks back you mentioned to host with Cibele, I guess I thought you’d figure it out together. The notes were just notes from Dermot as opposed to minutes. It’s a shame you have something else going on now.

Thanks for the great input you’ve brought to the evening, it’s much appreciated by everyone.

I’m sure I can find something to talk about or play with :smile:

Courty

1 Like

is any help still needed? I can bring a laptop if any extra are needed :slight_smile:
in terms of websites I particularly like the mind website as there is a lot of very useful information on self help, types of therapy available, breakdowns of types of medication, I’ve found it very very useful.

1 Like

Bi Eleanor

Eleanor, yes Mind is great, lots of quality info and practical resources. Please bring your laptop for sites and info for people. Look forward to seeing you. Thanks.

Hope to see you all and any thoughts ideas are welcome. Giving this a bump as Dermot says :grinning:

@directors, have you allocated a budget for this, doesnt need much 25 quid should do it?

1 Like

Jackie - I can’t come, apologies if I had given the impression I was (don’t think I said but so it goes, and any chance of perhaps making it down has been quashed by reality). But I think paparazzi isn’t what’s needed, I’d suggest seeing if all/some people present want to take a group photo at some point.

We have “12 interested, 3 going, 2 invited by friends” on FB

With a lot of regret I can’t make it this evening: I have another event to do with volunteer facilitation that I can’t move.

However it looks on track to be a very enjoyable and worthwhile event.

I’ll be going to the space this afternoon (around 2) to do what I can to get set up. This will include getting the social area knocked into shape, and setting up a sound system of some sort so we can pipe relaxing music into it (links for music, or CDs would be handy here).

There’s some terrific engegement, planning and ideas emerged in this thread, and it would be a good idea to see who is coming today for a final bit of coordination.

I’m very aware that I was meant to be there for the 5 o’clock shift with Jackie. I think @jan_evetts might have tentatively agreed to come along then? But anyone else who could make it would be most welcome.

Budget: we’ve earmarked £100 for this: to cover scones and other refreshments. If it gets incredibly busy and there’s a clear need I’m sure we could flex this.

Facebook and Twitter will get bumped a couple of times during the day to keep up our presence there.

How’s everybody else doing?

I am teaching in Acton until 5:30 today and then I’ll do my best to hot tail it down there, might not make it in time though…

Great Dermot, thanks. Should get there 2ish 2. Done shopping.

Aw, anytime you get there is good as it’s on till 9, no pressure tho. Did you get a min to look at the quiz?

I will be down around sixish

Hi, I’m hoping to make it down this evening after 730, possibly with a plus one.

2 Likes

Just going to give this an @members so that everyone knows about this excellent event.

In essence it’s a time to come down to the space and talk about mental health issue in a safe and supportive environment. It will also be fun and there’ll be food, making, games…and possibly a quiz.

Any questions, just stick them below!

I thought I would be better by this afternoon but I’m having a really bad time withdrawing from some medication (for my mental health, ironically) so I won’t be able to make it now.

Sorry to miss it but I’m sure it will be a great event and I hope it’s useful to all of you who can attend.

2 Likes

We can’t find the cafetiere…anyone seen it, or got one they can bring?

Also: a toaster would be nice, just for the evening.