Proposed (Confirmed!) event: Time to Talk Day Thursday 2nd February 2017

The “pass the parcel of chat” is prepared and yes it does contain chocolate.

5 Likes

Be there at 7. Possibly bringing a toaster

1 Like

Running a bit late (work getting in the way of pleasure as normal) but will be on my way soon…

Appols

Courty

Just a though… I’ve made an old Arcade game emulator. Play games from the 70’s and 80’s, space invaders, asteroids, defender etc.
Would that be useful for tonight or is it too OTT?

Courty

1 Like

I thibk it would be cool

Cool, will pack it too.
It plays the real games. Some clever people extracted the code from the old machines so it’s a great laugh, 100% authentic

Courty

hope everything go’s well tonight!

Thought tonight was an interesting event and it seemed to be well received. Fun but still thought provoking at the same time… congrats to all the organisers for pushing the Makerspace boundaries!

Courty

4 Likes

Looking forward to hearing more.

*huge Thank You to @directors who provided the food for the evening and fully support Time to Talk. A very big thank you to @Dermot who cleared and cleaned the space and set up the social area. He made it like he was having and welcoming guests at home.

I’m proud of Maker Space for doing this.

1 Like

Totally agree with Paul. Well organised, Jackie, Beth and everyone.

2 Likes

I will add to this tomorrow or Sunday. Be great to have other feedback too, it’s important for Maker Space and it’d be great to feedback to Time to Talk.

Thing is, we’re lucky to have this opportunity, it’s a world starter.

1 Like

Jan, great to meet and begin to get to know you. You brought calm positivity and got into it and facilitated well. Great stuff, thanks

1 Like

The noise from the arcade game was outrageous! It was great, total fun interjection and worked well as part of the evening. Thanks Courty☺

2 Likes

I thought this was a great event, well done to @jackiekeane @Beth @Dermot and everyone else involved in organising and taking part. I had some great chats with people. I also found my secret Santa present which I love - thank you secret Santa! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Big Thank You to everyone who came to Time to Talk. It was successful because we did Talk and Listened too.

@Beth made the Parcel of Talk, unwrapping it brought chocolates and a statement or question about mental health. The 3min chat didnt happen as people talked for lots longer :slight_smile: It worked beyond well.

It was no big deal, we just talked and chatted. It was easy to, it just felt that way.

Everyone was honest about their experiences & how they manage themselves to keep well. The wide range of ways shows resilience and creativity & that was truly powerful.

A way to open talking and listening has opened at Maker Space so let’s build it strong.

3 Likes

I would like to make this a regular part of Maker Space. There are many ways to do this. What are they?

Eleanor, hope you’re feeling better. Can’t wait to meet another Keane :slight_smile:

I’ve put all suggestions onto a pintrest pin though they’re on my a/c at mo, will set up a Makerspace one. Idea being a useful, helpful resource for all of us. Also:

• Printouts in a folder
  • Forum setup - not discourse!
  • Monthly (or other, 2 weekly?)
  • Open to non members?
  • What else can we do?

I think its important to continue chatting and learning, especially tools n techniques that work.

Dear all,

Would any of you like to help with this?

Is it a good idea to follow up Time to Talk?

I am up to my eyes constantly and am only getting busier so I could really do with a hand …

Thank you :relieved: