PROPOSAL: Cordless Hoover for clean room

My sister has one of these, and it’s quite a beast. Was impressed

Should we just buy it and put the change towards the industrial one (as and when)?

Curry’s product page link:

From their blurb - “When you’re done, simply pop the cleaner back into its wall-mountable charging dock ready for next time.”

Courtesy of The James Dyson Foundation we now have a free cordless vacuum for the clean room.
I will bring it in as soon as I can.

12 Likes

splutters

Well done!

Could’ve done with that this morning to hoover up all the dead flies!

well done :slight_smile:

Nice one!

Nice one!

Nice work…BTW: how did you achieve this?

I asked nicely.
The donate fans and vacuum cleaners for people to raffle and auction off to raise funds for things that fall within their stated goals. I made sure I met those and told them we wanted to use it rather than get the cash.

7 Likes

Our shiny new Dyson is happily installed next to the door between clean and messy. It’s great. Sticks out a tiny bit but if we need to carry anything huge through the doorway we can easily take it off and the docking charger that’s fixed there is very slim.

The extra attachment on the shelf is for dusting. Enjoy!

10 Likes

Fab. One like that, mounted just there is exactly what I’d thought we needed. But more importantly than my musings, we should tweet some Dyson thanks.

Just checking with @david that’s appropriate (not knowing terms of donation etc.)

1 Like

No obligations at all but an acknowledgement that it was donated by the Dyson foundation wouldn’t hurt.

Excellent. Thanks for setting it up.

It is very pretty.

Cool. Let’s get a shot of the hoover hanging there looking into the space with stuff going on (or at least, tools an’ ting). I should be down on Saturday if nobody gets one sooner.

Not so sure Dyson would approve!

2 Likes

they are in general very careful to call them vacuums :wink:

I wonder if we should hold fire on the social media? We’ve sent a begging/partnering letter to Dyson, and it’s possible that may payoff too. Assuming we could find another home for a Dyson Hoover™? Or perhaps it’s only suitable for the clean room?

An in-depth disassembly, explanation and review of our lovely new vacuum. Coarse language and tool abuse from the very beginning.

1 Like