PROPOSAL: Cordless Hoover for clean room

I think we need to make it easier for everyone to do quick little bits of cleaning as we go along without it being a long or complicated project. At the moment we don’t have the right equipment in the right places in the clean room to make it obvious what to do and effortless to grab what you need and do a two minute clean.

I would like to get this hoover for use in the clean room only. I know it’s only a domestic one but we aren’t a building site any more and it’s so much quicker and easier to use than either a big plug in Hoover or a broom and dustpan and brush. It would enable people to do little and often and that should mean that industrial levels of dirt don’t build up in there. I have an older version of it at home and it’s brilliant. https://www.dyson.co.uk/cordfree-vacuums/sticks/dyson-v6-stick/dyson-v6-absolute.html?istCompanyId=4a4e927c-83dc-47c2-bdc5-53e127f27f1e&istItemId=qqrmixrar&istBid=tztx&mkwid=s_dm&pcrid=52092212391&pkw=&pmt=

@directors do we need to discuss this or can we just go ahead? Any objections? To be honest even if it breaks after 6 months, which I don’t think it will, we will have had 6 months of the clean room being loads nicer than it is at the moment so I think it’s still worth it.

2 Likes

+1 for the idea (no idea how good the hoover is)

I think it makes it much easier to do a little bit of cleaning now and then - certainly does for me at home!

+1 although I would look for a more industrial product unless your satisfied it will be durable enough.

My cleaning lady has the makita version and she says the Dyson is better. She’s normally very rude about Dysons so I believe her!

1 Like

+1 for this - it’s always frustrating trying to sweep up the clean room/kitchen area.

Sounds great.

Remember that the floor in the clean room is still up for being replaced to one which should Be much more ‘bentley the mop’ friendly.

I’m currently travelling, but will be giving this a tonne of attention next week when I’m back.

2 Likes

Yes that will help. Mopping the whole floor is still quite a project though and with a quick go with a cordless Hoover now and then it’s really easy to keep on top of dust and crud in between deep cleans.

1 Like

+1(,000,000)

Pete pls don’t take personally. It’s more a comment on logistics that you’re awesome ongoing contributions to the space:

• I don’t know why we need the full attention of a director to make a decision on buying a Hoover.

Empower us! Help us help you xxxxx

I would say if we want to test out the new decision making process members should vote, but we need an appointed treasurer who can keep a eye on spending.

£199 here
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/home-appliances/floorcare/vacuum-cleaners/dyson-v6-cordless-vacuum-cleaner-silver-10125353-pdt.html?istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=rxmaxirxm&istBid=tztx&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~0110+(PLA)+SDA+FLOORCARE+-+Brand+Dyson~All+Dyson+Floorcare~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&kwid=GOOGLE&device=m&ds_kids=92700019614067744&PLA=1&tgtid=0110+(PLA)+SDA+FLOORCARE+-+Brand+Dyson&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3MPNBRDjARIsAOYU6x8A4ETVqjRc_Mh4jGciCnqhv0UHRnzyc01hz9tKf8jqdzrCwPwxJNsaAkdWEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CPzp1-Tzk9YCFWuHUQodYWkP3w

I’m not really expressing one way or another on the hoover, just leaving a reminder about the floor upgrade, which I’ve somewhat dropped the ball on.

Aha oh yes. You’ll be giving the floor more attention. First time I read it like you’ll give the hoover your attention. Got it.

+1 from me too

ps: my brother got one of this and his feedback is yes it’s great but capacity is quiet limited

hi @directors can you set a budget for a hoover and then someone can get on and buy one.

Oh, a tip - I own a similar model of this: they really benefit from having their filters and brushes cleaned frequently. Elsewise they loose suction and brush-spinny-ness and they’re just a bit crap.

-1 for this model — feed back from people who have one has so far been they need frequent changing low capacity and air filter need changing a lot. lets get something more robust. the kircher has been great! industrucatable and theyre yellow!

1 Like

It’s tough, but we still managed to break quite a few things on it. The accessories and original hose are lost, and the plastic sucking foot thingy got a hole cracked in it pretty quickly. A caster has come off and is missing (if someone finds it, they pop back in easily unless the plastic casing is broken)

I really don’t think the dyson will survive very long at all. The plastic is a lot more brittle than the karchers and it’s not built to be tough. The other two household vacuums we had before the karcher got absolutely obliterated. I think it would be wiser to get stuff built to last if we are going to spend £250. Metal chassis, easily replaceble hose/parts, etc.

However If we do choose to get the dyson I think we should also replace the karcher with a much beefier one or replace the missing parts, otherwise I’m pretty sure we’ll find that the dyson will get used in the other areas and suffer the same fate

2 Likes

+1