Print Sublimation workshop Oct half term (DRAFT)

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4967b8fd0>

I’m planning a workshop for those who have said they’d like to learn more about Sublimation as a process. The workshop will last 2 hours: I’m proposing a voluntary contribution of £5 that will go into the Textiles piggy bank to help buy additional things needed.

Wednesday Workshop: The adult version for 5-6 people
Saturday Workshop: Mature pre teens and Teens for 5 adults+5 teens; maybe more if we can co-opt the electronics area.

Attendance details: Paid members can opt to leave teen at workshop but must stay in arch1/2 doing something else if they want, none member responsible adult for young person needs to stay within the workshop space.

Please indicate if any of the options are of interest or post an alternative date over the October half term 23rd to 29th October that would suit you better

ALL DETAILS ARE TBC

• Wednesday Oct 26th (Adults) 12-2pm
  • Wednesday Oct 26th (Adults) 5-7pm
  • Saturday 28th (Teens and Parents) Early Afternoon co hosted by a teen and NO AI discussion just Procreate

0 voters

Ill do a Demo on the following:

Discussion on how to incorporate Stable Diffusion/DAL-l and Procreate into the work flow to create a graphic; You will get a chance to have a go at one of those tools if you want to.
Getting your Art to the printer in a form that does not waste ink
Testing the printer before we print
How to use the heat press safely
How to handle hot bendy acrylic as it comes off the heat press
Settings needed for Sublimation using:
3mm Cast Acrylic sheet
Polyester

You will then each have a chance to print/heat press your own design, materials will be provided for you but you are also welcome to bring your own laser cut CAST 3mm acrylic or 100-92% white Polyester mix fabric.

If you want to have an acrylic shape specifically to your design cut but have not been inducted yet to use the laser cutter let me know and Ill bring it with me for you

Examples:

1 Like

Sounds good @Dorine. Just noticed that the Weds is the 25th, not the 26th thats currently in the poll.

Ya, Discourse wont let you change a poll 5 mins after you post :frowning: as I found out :slight_smile:

It’s a week for getting date wrong - I’ve done it a few times this week…!!

This sounds brilliant - thanks @Dorine

1 Like

Could we invite some of your Brownies for the teen workshop? We could get them to make sublimated scarves or acrylic badges as an idea. I did a whole bunch of stuff for the Kent scouts to help them earn their badges, do Brownies have a similar badge earning system?

2 Likes

Will the age be ok? - my Brownies aren’t quite teens! (aged 7-10).

Yes, we do badges too - I’m sure we can link to it to at least one of them

Can I join this despite not being a parent nor teen and having no plan if being either by those dates? Would like to learn about this though!

@petra is Wednesday ok for you? would love to have you join us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wednesday works! Voted just now…

1 Like

In all honesty its more about the temperament of the young person than the age per say… Id be more than happy for you to decide which of your girls would enjoy this.

Ive had challenging teens and really mature 8 year old’s. Although all the 8+ where destined to be tomorrows engineers so not your average kids and you learn to follow their lead. A Universal rule with engineers is let them do what they want and then you do you :smiley:

Also Sabrina is awesome with little ones (pre and young teens), she goes above and beyond to look after them and makes sure they understand all the steps.

Thanks you all for voting and showing your interest to take part!

I’ve created 2 events in the October calendar:

Weds 25th 12-2pm: Adults: Digital Art Sublimation workshop
Sat 28th 12-3pm: Kids: Youth: Sublimation digital art workshop (Oct half term)

Thanks you @TracyD and @Brendon_Hatcher for offering to co host for the youth event!

Please confirm attendance with a @name post in either event