Plumbing for pressure washer

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4960656c0>

Hey, anyone can give some plumbing advice here? As some of you may know we have a pressure washer in the space, but also a burst-during-winter plastic pipe outside preventing its usage. The idea of replacement was to install a T-connector with a tap underneath the sink in the toilet. Problem is I have rather vague understanding of plumbing. Cold water is currently connected with a flexible hose. What is it 1/2’’? 3/8’’? Do tees have taps on them? What should I buy? Any help appreciated!

1 Like

Yes we need a hose tap somewhere in the front of the arch! Well 2 really, one in the screenprinting sink area also…

@Arnold_Kekesi? @lewisss?

I am pretty competent with plumbing and can sort this out. I’ve got all the kit required.
Only problem is, I’m out of the country till next week.
I’ll contact again and it’s best that we meet at the space and someone can show me exactly what you need doing. Phil H
p.s. feel free to chase me if I forget

1 Like

Yay! Thank you, will do.

Yes, thank you!!!

How do you do don’t run a copper pipe through that wall it’s a mistake that I’ve made at least once.

Cold bridging that wall results in immediate mushroom growth in the toilet

1 Like

Did I hear mushrooms? :laughing:

4 Likes

So, with the help of Joe I restored the tap outside (no mushrooms), and now the other issue arises - somehow the pressure on the pipe supplying it - arch1 left of the door above the postbox coming directly from bathroom, 3/4’’ inch plastic pipe - is almost nonexistent, to the point pressure washer cannot work properly.

@lewisss, Joe advised me to ask you about this one as apparently you could know if there are any secret valves may be involved, reducing the pressure on this one?

1 Like

I think that one is cut off completely as it was the feed from canopy, i joined our correct cold water supply with someone else, but cannot remember who.

A new pipe needs to be connected from the cold in the bathroom to the outside tap

Hi Guys,
Do you still need my help with this?
I’m happy to do plumbing in either copper or plastic.
Philip H

Yes! definitely at least the faucet in the back of arch 1 is messed up and leaking, so we need that fixed and then adding a hose outlet there for the pressure washer would make sense for washing screens.

If you need to buy any parts just let me know!

Thanks!!!

No worries.
It’s probably best that I meet you down at the space sometime so you can show me exactly what needs to be done and then I can sort it out on my own. I’m only 10 minutes walk away and I’m pretty flexible so let me know when you are going to be there and I can pop down.

Phil

I’m also ready to join to share the small bit I learned, and/or you can meet @joeatkin2 as he was doing plumbing for the space long ago. Atm my best knowledge is we have low pressure everywhere, not only in the outside pipe.

1 Like

ok. Thanks for the input Roman.
If there’s not enough water flow to feed the pressure washer, then it’s going to burn it out.
I’ll try to arrange a meeting with Joe down at the space and have a look at it.
Phil

1 Like

Hi @PhilH! I am in tonight if you have 10 minutes to look at the plumbing that would be awesome! thanks!!

The pressure in the pipes outside are more than enough for the pressure washer. I picked up the correct fittings for it last week and @Dan1 turned the tap around so it points down like it should. There are two Karcher washers in the space currently: One appears not to work properly; the second one recently brought in is mine that does work. It’s a K2 model with a specified 6 litre per minute output. I’ve not [yet] measured the outside tap flow rate but I’m certain it must be more than 6 L/min.

I think the concern about the flow rate was initially started because the older pressure washer simply has a fault unrelated to flow rate.

Thanks! Good we have the pressure! I wanted to make sure we have:

• a connection point towards front of the arch for outside that wont freeze
  • a connection point in the screenprinting wash area
  • and the sink in screenprinting is working properly and not dripping / leaking

I think we are short on some of these?

No problem.
What sort of time are you going to be there.
I am going to be eating between 7 and 8 so I could do after 8 but would prefer before 7 if possible.
Call me on 07762 577545 if better.
Philip

Cool thanks Philip!

Lets meet at 6:30 then…

Cheers,
Andy

No problem. See you down there at 6.30 Philip

1 Like