Pledge drive .........Veritas router plane

fantastic effort,

there is obviously an interest in getting some top quality tools for the wood workshop

as we have gone over target , and these tools will be available to all members (with training in their PROPER use)

I will talk to the directors to get the details and see if they can contribute a bit more to add some more shiny bits. … update soon

7 Likes

thank you everyone who has pledged, I have sent you all bank details for payment, if you can reply below with ''Paid" then we know where we are with this drive.

Paid

Paid

Haven’t had any here, unless I’m looking in the wrong place?

Sorry @Calum you should havebeen invited to the message now

1 Like

Paid

Paid.

On the subject of float glass, I have a 9x12 inch granite surface plate which is weighing down my floorboards and which the space is welcome to. Though be warned, it’s…not light.

2 Likes

Yes please @calum the scary sharp system is the way forward and the granite will be perfect for it

1 Like

Great, I’ll pop it down at some point soon :smiley:

Paid. Oh and @Jonty_Bottomley is trying to raise money for a wood stabilizer thingy. We could put the extra money towards that.

Or a shooting plane…?

cash collected from @Jonty_Bottomley and @Clix thankyou

Knocked up a mallet for the new chisels today !

The equivalent was £65 from workshop heaven … thanks to @Jonty_Bottomley for help with drilling the mortice

10 Likes

Paid

Paid

Paid

Paid

right, we have ordered the router plane and fence it should be here by the end of next week , the chisels have arrived,

Thanks to the directors matching the drive we have also ordered the following https://www.axminster.co.uk/veritas-deluxe-mk-ii-honing-guide-set-101262

and
https://www.workshopheaven.com/3m-sharpening-film-refill-pack-magnum.html

i figured rather than another tool it would be better to get a system where we can look after these tools properly, this will take these tools to a level above the tormek.

I will be holding a few sharpening sessions with this system to ensure we are all looking after the tools in the same way.

a lockable cabinet will be installed in the workshop for these and future quality tools.

@Calum it would be great if you could drop your piece of granite down.

6 Likes

Let us know the when and the where and we’ll get this party started!