Pledge drive .........Veritas router plane

There is one gaping hole as far as i can see in the wood workshop… and that is the hand router plane.

versatile tools they are great for cutting dadoes, rebates, grooves and inlay work…

the one I suggest we get is the https://www.axminster.co.uk/veritas-router-plane-701927

why veritas??
true is is more expensive that the quangsheng router plane but the height adjustment is more accurate, it has the facility to accept a guide fence, and the blades are in two parts and comes with a jig for easy sharpening.

the cost is £148.94

It comes with a 1/2 ‘’ straight blade and a 1/2’’ spearpoint blade

if we get enough pledges I would suggest we get a 1/4’’ blade and the side fence bringing the total to

£186.87

I will start off with £20

Matched with 20 quid

1 Like

I’ll Match that. £20

1 Like

£20

1 Like

£20

Provided @lewisss teaches me to use it properly :wink:

1 Like

20 here also

Excellent. I think this shows we don’t really need a subscription-only wood club…

1 Like

Put me down for £20…cheaper than breaking more router bits :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t go so far as to say that. There was quite an interest in a subs based club. Can’t dismiss it out of hand on the basis of one pledge drive going well. Think there’s still a conversation needing to be had about the proposal.

1 Like

10£

1 Like

50p

1 Like

thank you, every penny helps

1 Like

£16.37

2 Likes

£20

I’ll bung 20 too

£10

I have one of these. It’s one of my most used tools.
Although the side fence is useful, I find that cutting both sides of a dado with a Japanese saw and then using this tool to clear it out is often more efficient. I also use it finish off tenons using one hand to stabilise and the other to arc in on the joint.
Also as a bonus, the standard cutter is really easy to sharpen with the jig.

The only negative I have is that it can be difficult to sit the blade at 90 degrees to the cutting direction.

1 Like

@lewisss £20
@deanforbes £20
@Jackd £20
@dsikar £20
@DAC17 £20
@Jonty_Bottomley £20
@Calum £20
@petra £10
@electronoob £0.50
@clix £16.37
@SarahJ £20 - Partial total 186.87 (pledge drive total reached)
@Damian £20
@CriticalTolerance £10

Total so far by my reckoning: £216.87

What happens now @lewisss?

1 Like

@lewisss if you DM us all your account details we can transfer to you if you’re happy to order and arrange delivery etc? Do we have enough for any additional blades/accessories?

My feeling is that if this is a space pledge drive, this should be done through the official accounts :slight_smile:

1 Like