Pledge drive for 2nd Bambu X1 Carbon SUCCESSFUL

Hi all,
I think it’s time we start a second pledge drive for another X1 carbon. This printer is overwhelmingly popular and it would be a great addition to increase our capacity. As you have seen the flashforge and a few other printers will be leaving us soon to make some space and any money for their sale will go to this purchase.

We should go straight for a carbon with AMS so the target is currently £1,319.

Pledges:

Total: £850

Qidi sale: £100
Photon sale: £60
Ultimaker sale: £205
Flashforge and wash station sale: £150

1. @palmada £35
  2. @sabtab £25
  3. @tmilner £25
  4. @christian £25
  5. @shawaj £25
  6. @Ananse £25
  7. @EdwardE £25
  8. @davidN £25
  9. @asander1 £25
  10. @nhjansen £25
  11. @Oddstag £25
  12. @Pippa_Warren £25
  13. @dhdrysdale £25
1 Like

Backed the original X1 but it’s often difficult to get some time on it… gotta be one of the busiest machines in the space, so makes sense to get a second one!

1 Like

Sorry, not to be a wet blanket - but are there any thoughts on where this new machine will go? I was at the space yesterday to use the textile area and there was a 3D printer already on the textile cutting high table. There should not be 3D printers on that high table and adding another one makes me think this will become a norm.

I don’t want to put a stop to any 3D printing but can we agree it stays in its own area please.

4 Likes

Hi Tracy,

Yes, We have 3 printers up for offer at the moment in order to clear some space. We have a full layout plan, Its a little cluttered at the moment as we get things shuffled about. Sorry, I had the large printer up on the curring table as I was doing some maintenance on it and needed to get all around the printer. I’ will try to make space and do maintainece on the main table form now on.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks Sam (@scday94) - I just wanted a little reassurance (and give a hint to others) so this doesn’t become the standard place for people to use them if other space is limited.

2 Likes

Of course, completely understandable. All our printers will have a dedicated home an won’t need moving to operate once we have finished the shelving unit properly.

2 Likes

Just a quick post to bump this. We have now sold the Qidi (to leave the space soon) and the small photon Mono is outbound soon listed on ebay. This should push us a bit closer to the target.

The flash forge is due to be listed soon as well.

3 Likes

Just added the £60 from the Photon sale. One step closer!

2 Likes

Added the Sale of the ultimaker to the pledge drive. thats and extra £205 towards the second Bambu!

4 Likes

Added £150 form the sale of the Flashforge & resin wash station.

4 Likes

Great news everyone!

@3dprinters

The directors have agreed to match the remainder of the pledge for the X1 Carbon with AMS!

Thank you all for pledging. I shall message all the people with pledges shortly with payment details.

All the best,

@3dtechs

10 Likes

Woop!!

2 Bambus, 2 AMS and a Voron. FDM dream lineup :star_struck:.

3 Likes

we will get resin up to match soon! Just need a couple hundred thousand for the polyjet

4 Likes

Hello everyone!

The @3dtechs are very happy to announce that the 2nd Bambu X1 Carbon and AMS system is now with us and has been seen setup.

Twins separated at birth somewhere in Shenzhen China, we’re glad to say they have now been reunited here in South London. Given their reunion, we think it appropriate that they should be given new names along with the Voron and would like to open it up to members for suggestions. Benchy McBench Face?.. Come on, do your worst.

Sam and I did a little benchy race, but sadly I was foiled by a tangled spool… while magnificent machines, its seems not all problems in 3d printing are solved :slight_smile:. But its was fun to see them (almost) working in unison.

A massive thank you to @scday94 for organising the pledge drive, to all the members who backed it and to the @directors who gave us the last little bit to get it over the line. We hope you all have double the opportunity for fun and easy printing.

11 Likes

Awesome work team! We have a seriously good 3d printing setup now! Thanks for all the hard work in getting it setup!

1 Like

My Only veto’s are Chas, Dave, Mick and Ringo as I already have printers with those names at work!

Big Bertha for the Voron is one of my current favourites.

Do you think it should be a double act for the X1’s or maybe a classic food pairing?

Or we could go more makery. Nuts and Bolts?

I like the maker-theme.

Here are couple more:

• Nuts
  • Bolts
  • Gears
  • Cogs
  • Pinion

Also - Big Bertha is lovely! bertha

2 Likes

:raised_hands::raised_hands:

Tom & Jerry ?