Pledge drive: Bambu X1 Carbon/P1P 3D printer

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4a3ab5dc0> #<Tag:0x00007fa4a3ab5c80>

5 Likes

Great! I will be down later this afternoon to start setting it up.

2 Likes

Wooo! Nice!

Will be sending a PM to those that pledged with SLMS bank details, thanks all for making this possible!

Frothin’ over giving that baby a whirl! Can’t wait, I’m hoping to pop by tomorrow if I can help?

I have done the initial setup and run a 24 min benchy with great success. I am still sorting out all the tool pages for this and cataloging all the components and things we have with it. I might be about at the weekend but I would like to make sure that everyone doesn’t rush for this all at once and the different aspects of the machine are well understood before it is open season.

There are definitely some workflow changes that need to be communicated, especially with the large availability of new filaments. There will be multiple build plates and multiple hot ends for this printer. We don’t want a repeat of the resin printer incident.

2 Likes

I solemnly swear I shall not stab the new printer, irrespective of whether or not it may deserve it…

4 Likes

Yes, please.

Show us the benchy!

my phone is dead sorry. It’s the two new green ones on the printer. The one thing you will notice is a transition line. I believe this is from going slightly too fast but its the pre-loaded file. ITs that or the glass top needs to be off for PLA printing

Here ya go

5 Likes

Solid benchy, 8/10 would benchy again

With rice?

I got it with the pasta, but I think the rice pairs well too.

2 Likes

With a dry Pinot Grigio?

1 Like

Dealers choice for the drinks I think!