Planning a makerspace for Regensburg, Germany - would love to see how you guys do it!

Hi,

great job on the South London Makerspace. I checked it out online and it looks great.

I am in London visiting a friend, and I thought I might pay you guys a visit. I live in Regensburg, Germany, where I run a small startup for additive manufacturing. We mostly offer B2B services, but we also run a few printers. I’ve been in the industry for about 5 years now. Additive manufacturing is my passion.

Regensburg, the city where I live, is planning or at least thinking about opening up a Makerspace. They have approached me about ideas and input, and perhaps helping with setting it up. I am currently looking at other Makerspaces to find inspiration. I have already visited the Makerspace in Munich, Germany.

It would be fantastic to see how you guys approach an open workshop atmosphere, and to see what you do to cultivate a sense of community among the members.

Is anyone going to be at the Makerspace this Friday, Aug 17th, in morning or afternoon? I am only there this Thursday and Friday.

With kind regards,

Harry

Hi Harry,

There’s usually people around who’ll offer a cup of tea and show you around.

I can be there this Friday in the afternoon to show you around. Any time after 2pm, just let me know

Hi Dermot,

Thanks! 2pm would be great.

With kind regards,

Harry

1 Like

Hi Harry,

I’ve had to change my plans due to work. Unfortunately I can’t get there until 6pm on Friday

Sorry about that. Does this work for you? Otherwise we can see who else might be about

Hi Dermot,

Let me check!

With kind regards,

Harry

You can reach me at via phone, text, WhatsApp, signal, iMessenger.

Who’s around today and able to show Harry what were about, in case he can only make this afternoon? I got rained off yesterday, so have had to switch work to today

@Dani_Clode @electronoob @Jonty_Bottomley @deanforbes @lewisss @petra ?

Hey, I’ll be here until 4pm today

2 Likes

Hi Dani!

nice to meet you. I‘m at the Picasso exhibit in Tate Modern right now. I‘ll stop by after lunch, okay? It should be around 1:30-2:30, depending on traffic.

See you later!

Harry

1 Like

Brilliant. Thanks Dani!

On my way now. 45min-1hr

Hi Dani,

Thank you for showing me around! It was very insightful. I am amazed how much capacity and capability you have at the workspace.

We spoke about silicone parts. You can find out more about silicone 3dprinting here: www.aceo3d.com
They print in 100% silicone, using an FDM method (like Ultimaker). You can order pets directly from them, if you ever need silicone parts again for a project. That being said, I think your casting results were excellent.

Dermot, thanks for arranging the tour! Seeing how well a makerspace can work reassures me about setting one up back home.

See you again soon!

With kind regards,

Harte

1 Like