Pavement sign needs review

We put the board out to help people find their way (e.g. to Open Evenings).
The first problem is that it has our logo but not our name - I think we should revise what it says.
The second problem is that it is single-sided, so people approaching from the one side may miss it.
The third problem is that it is not waterproof.

Should we “fix” the one we have, or just get something professionally made?
https://www.bannerbuzz.co.uk/metal-a-frame-sandwich-boards/p - double sided under £40 and free delivery on first order.

4 Likes

Maybe we could do both. Get one made for the pavement and fix up the existing one to use at the top of the ally to point left to the maker space.

I’d be happy to work with someone on this as a way of me building some skills.

1 Like

Thanks Glenn!

If you can do the graphic design work that would be great, then we can either get it made or make it…

Thanks!!
Andy

1 Like

check this, i dont think the frame is included. with frame it is £117

A boards are easy to make, let put it on the volunteer hub list?

1 Like

Have to check, but I think I have a quite big A shaped stopper sign.

1 Like

I guess the way forward is:

1. Decide if we have the right branding assets - see the first and last post here
  2. Decide on the wording - I suggest
  • the full logotype with the M and the whole name
  • a qr code and fully exposed southlondonmakerspace.org
  • down alley, turn left
  1. Work out production

Ok. I’ll probably be able to make a rare appearance in the space tonight so I’ll take a look at the sign when I’m there.

Which leads to another question. I wonder if we could find/agree a permanent home for the sign? It always takes me a while to hunt it down when I do an open evening. :joy:

I also spent ages looking for it.

I’ll take it today, it’s double sided, corlor and smellful (mainly fox :rofl: :rofl: so might wirth pressurewashing it )! You can have all the fun decorating it!

Two options, if I may offer, is sandwiching waterproof/resistant material between two laser/CNC cut equally waterproof materials (or two signs made of two layers if that is an Aboard). Middle one is plain, outsides have text cutout. I have some boat varnish that can be applied on wood, but acrylic would do too. Or - chalkboard paint and resistant chalk.

Stecyl and acrylic spray? With a good coat of warnish?

Smartypants…

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: I finished it​:grin::innocent: base will be in the space in 15 minutes

It took a while to get round to doing this but as I tell my girlfriend, if a man says he’ll do something, he’ll do it. You don’t have to remind him every six months! :rofl:

Happy to have feedback & comments.

This is designed for the original A frame sign which allows for a sign to be clipped in place.
Width 593mm
Height 840mm

For the donated A frame, it looks like we could just make something and glue it in the frame.

Width 570mm
Height 773mm

What is the intention for the second A frame again?

Also, when you walk up the alley there are a couple of signs up high for Canopy. Seeing as they aren’t here any more, could we claim that sign space and put our own one up there?

Glenn

1 Like

Nice work Glenn! Are those the fonts from the style guide?

Oh good point. It seems not. I took the font from the logotype but perhaps Adobe Illustrator has substituted the font as I don’t have that font on my system.

1 Like

It doesn’t look like the Dosis Extra Light font is in the Brands zip file either

OK, found it. It’s a Google font so available for download.

The brands.zip file is incomplete. I have updated the page to link to a more complete download.

1 Like