Open Evening this week!

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4993074c0>

Hello All!

I’m on the rotation list to host an open evening this Wednesday and was about to put it on the calendar. (A bit late, I know!) I was just wondering if anyone else is planning to be at the space that night. I can handle the tours and answering most questions, but would really like someone else to be around to help with the door and generally feel a bit safer about welcoming in the public.

Also, I saw some talk on these open evenings happening twice a month versus every week, but I’m not sure what was decided on that. I’m could host next week instead if we think that would be more helpful to spread them out a bit. Thoughts? Participants?

Thanks folks!

Hi Lauren!

So we started doing these every 2x weeks instead of every week for various reasons - but maybe somewhere it still says every week? Let me know if you find anywhere (the rota?) and we can fix that - but I suggest we push it to next week if that works for you since we just did it last week?

Cheers,
Andy

Thanks Andy! I must have gotten mixed up reading an older post. The rota does say every other Wednesday. I’ve updated my date on it and will make an event for next week.

Still giving a heads up here for anyone else that may be able to join then!

1 Like

Cool! Thats great!

I updated the rota to be a bit more clear - and added the rest of June dates so people can sign up for those as well!

An important bit to do now is to add the Event booking so that non-members can see it.

Example:

And then Space Booking so that members know the space will be open and tours will be happening, and members can discuss there:

https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/t/open-evening/21487

I have added this to the How to host an open evening page!

You can tag people that may be able to help in your Space Booking and also have a discussion on logistics etc…

Thanks for hosting!

3 Likes

Hey Lauren,

I’ll come help out as well!

1 Like

Oh great! Thanks Antony. See you next week!

I’ll probably be there as well…

3 Likes