Nice to meet you 😊

Hello everyone!

I’m Senam, a marketing professional by day and an aspiring woodworker by night. I’ve recently embarked on a self-taught journey into the world of furniture making and I’m absolutely thrilled to be here among like-minded individuals who share the same passion for creating.

In addition to my day job and my newfound woodworking hobby, I also run a non-profit arts space in my spare time. It’s a wonderful platform that allows me to engage with the creative community and it’s been an incredibly rewarding experience.

I’ve been eagerly exploring the world of woodworking and I’m constantly amazed by the creativity and craftsmanship that goes into each piece. I’m here to learn, share experiences, and hopefully, contribute to this amazing community in my own small way.

I applied for membership at the South London Makers Space a couple of weeks ago and I’m eagerly awaiting the opportunity to roll up my sleeves and get stuck in. I believe this space is the perfect place for me to grow, learn and share my journey with fellow makers.

Looking forward to meeting you all and diving headfirst into this exciting world of making!

Best, Senam

1 Like

Hi Senam,

Sounds like a good place for you! We have an amazing woodworking space, allowing us to make whatever we want from small to huge :smiley: as we have a full sheet CNC machine and some Japanese saws that are ideal for beginners if cutting by hand is what you are looking for :smiley:

Have you come down for a tour of the place yet? Hope to meet you soon :slight_smile:

@Dorine

1 Like

Hi Dorine :slight_smile: that sounds awesome. I haven’t been down yet but I’m planning to come to the open evening on the 13th. Hopefully I’ll see you there!

1 Like