Nice to meet you, I'm Oli

Hi everyone

I’m Oli, I live in Clapham Junction and spend my working days as a Consultant in Energy. As you can imagine, I’m excited to have something else fun and hands on to do in evenings and weekends.

I found my interest in woodworking whilst in a deep youtube hole and since visited the MakerSpace to meet a few of the members for an open evening - thanks for being so welcoming!

I am currently doing an introductory joinery course at a workshop in Walthamstow and I’m keen to continue my learning journey and have the opportunity to put it into practice in the workshop soon.

The long-term dream is to slowly build a collection of hard wood bedroom furniture, although I think I will start small and simple so I don’t get too upset when it all goes wrong!

I have filled out the application form and hope to be accepted soon. I understand I then need to get on some waiting lists for some inductions and should be creating sub-standard joinery in no time :slight_smile:

I look forward to meeting more of you soon.

Oli

4 Likes

Hi Oli,

Awesome aspiration :slight_smile: don’t think of things going wrong as a failure, just the needed steps to success :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Hope to see you in the woodshop soon!

2 Likes